*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342319-The-Power-of-Your-Imagination
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#342319 added April 20, 2005 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
The Power of Your Imagination
The power goes off at like five AM this morning. (not sure, didn’t bother to get my lazy ass out of bed and check) It’s weird, how when the power goes off, it wakes you up. It’s pitch black dark too. Zero visibility. Can’t see my hand as I lift it in front of my face. I stretch my sleep filled muscles and turn onto my back. I’d stare at the ceiling only I can’t see the ceiling. My eyes are wide open anyway. Scanning the blackness, then squinting like I might actually see something. My ears are open too. Silence. I hear nothing. No hum of the air filter, refrigerator, the air conditioner, the florescent light, which is always on down the hall in the kitchen. Nothing. It’s odd, how electricity makes so much noise.

So, here I am, lying in bed, wide-awake, in darkness and silence. Of course, my creative mind wanders. Unfortunately, it wandered right over to the suspense murder genre where it proceeded to spin some horrible story about a crazed escaped maniac from a psychotic ward somewhere up north. He had traveled his was down south, in search of the origin of the voices in his head. Never being able to find said voices, he turned to violence and mayhem. Brutally murdering his victims while they slept. Well, okay, not while they slept. He woke them up first, so they would be painfully aware of their demise.

I know, I know, how idiotic of me; the drawbacks of being a writer who doesn’t write in the murder mystery genre.

By now, the sky is lightening. Great. It must be time to get up. Throwing off the covers, I stumble out of bed. My heavy feet stagger down the hall in search of my cell phone, which has a clock on it. Sure enough. Six-thirty. Great times two. A shower in the dark. Joyous rapture. What fun this will be. Grouping around, probably putting conditioner in my hair when I should be using shampoo. And visa versa.

Just as I’m stepping under the steamy water the power does come back on. YAY. This means coffee is next on my agenda. It’s goona be a super fantastic day. I can feel it.


© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342319-The-Power-of-Your-Imagination