*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342709-Restraint
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#342709 added April 22, 2005 at 6:26am
Restrictions: None
Restraint
Have precisely ten minutes to make an entry, busy day ahead. Out for lunch with ex colleagues, hairdressers, then meeting my sister and spending some time with our parents. Oh, and don't forget bog cleaning too!

I was an angel yesterday at the shops. Halo shining, gossamer wings glinting, no feelings of guilt. Bought only things for other people and resisted the music and clothes shops. (Actually didn't have enough time or energy but I'm not telling anyone that.) So the 'sister' bag is now brimming with candles, jewellery, cosmetics and such. Oh, that I had such restraint in other areas of my life!

After an evening spent watching T.V., having a bath and finishing off a few odd jobs I finally signed in on the computer at 10.30pm. Had a chat to my sis. At eleven I started a game with my Canadian friend. I should just type 'see other entries' to describe what happened next. The trip past the computer and the zoom in on the screen was almost immediate.

"Of course HE's there." I just give him a 'look.'
"There's something wrong with HIM. Having to talk to you every night."
"It's not every night and I've only just this minute started a game."
"How would you like it if I chatted to a woman ALL night EVERY night." Gross exaggeration.
"Actually, I wish you would. I might get a bit of peace then." Any offers ladies? lol

It's not just the monotony of all this or the hassle it's the 'attitude' that really gets to me. The tirade that ensues condemns every internet user as 'sad' and 'weird.' People who have no lives and nothing else to do. This from a man who plays golf, makes model railway engines and sits in front of the T.V. seven nights a week. My head whirls with anger and frustration, I can't get to sleep and wake up feeling washed out and wondering how much more I can take. He's full of apologies again this morning. Change the record.

I've gone over my time. Must dash, but must add a huge thank you to Rebecca for her advice on linking and SkyIsFalling for her help with downloading. I WILL sort it all out when I can, but in the meantime, thanks a lot. Going - bog brush in hand.



© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342709-Restraint