*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344702-What-Every-Woman-Should-Do-Once
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#344702 added January 16, 2013 at 5:08am
Restrictions: None
What Every Woman Should Do Once
Still feeling tired and grotty despite an unplanned lie in. Still, nothing spoiling; it's a Bank Holiday here and most places are closed. Not the supermarket of course; what would Monday be without that weekly stroll round the aisles?

That horoscope was wrong, as I suspected. Still no contact from the critic but my friend Robyn in New Zealand was online last night. Not spoken to her in ages. We had a chat and a game of Scrabble; I won and she called me a bag, lol. Robyn and her husband run a woodcarving business. I've bought a lot of stuff from them for myself and for gifts; it's truly beautiful.

The BIG five list received a lot of comment and I'm hoping all the advice and encouragement may inspire me to try a bit harder. I think the list came into mind because of a little book I bought on Saturday entitled 'What every woman should do once.' (Exit any male readers.) I bought it to send to my Aussie friend; we like to send each other these light-hearted philosophy books. I adore the one she sent me called 'Finding your Inner Goddess.' I haven't found her yet but maybe concentrating on those BIG ambitions may help. One day, not today. Procrastinator!

Anyway, I liked the little book I bought because I've already done some of the things in it, which gave me some comfort. Things like...

1. Adopt a pet.
2. Dye your hair blonde and see if they really do have more fun. (no)
3. Buy a really racy piece of lingerie.
4. Go on two dates in one night.
5. Own something leather apart from a coat and gloves.

Suggestions I'd like to do, given the opportunity.

1. Pamper yourself at an all day spa.
2. Head to the airport and fly anywhere.
3. Throw a silk pyjama party and greet guests with a glass of champagne.
4. Meet someone you came across on the internet!
5. Go on a carriage ride through Central Park.

Oh quit dreaming, missis, it's time to go to the supermarket.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344702-What-Every-Woman-Should-Do-Once