*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344519-Five-Add-Five
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#344519 added May 1, 2005 at 6:18am
Restrictions: None
Five Add Five
I enjoyed all the comments I received about my 'five' obsession and I loved Dan's explanation. I'd be hard pushed to find five pleasant moments from yesterday, it was a bad one. So instead I allowed my mind to wander to the BIG things. Five things I'd do before it's too late, to improve my life.

1. Stop smoking.
2. Lose some weight and improve my fitness level.
3. Travel a lot.
4. Write a novel.
5. Know what true love really feels like.

And I don't feel there are any more things to add really. Summed it up in five. The first should be possible but for me, extremely difficult. The second seems more achievable but I don't make enough effort. Maybe because I think 'how could I ever be fit without doing the first thing?' The third I could do but would feel more comfortable about it if I achieved the first two and could do it with someone from number five! Not sure whether the fourth will ever see the light of day; I have my doubts. Sadly, I fear the fifth will never happen and although I've placed it last on the list, in some ways it's probably more important than all the others put together. If you've followed all that then you must have a degree in gobbledegook. I do go off at tangents; butterfly brain.

One of the reasons I started this b... er journal was to see if anything might inspire me or jump out demanding to be turned into something bigger. I have a list of some possible titles for stories. (My writing tutor thinks I'm brilliant at titles - not sure how to take that!) But what about a story entitled simply 'Five.' A protagonist who has a fixation with the number and believes it influences and maps out her life? There's a lot of possibilities in there and I already have an inkling where I'd take it. Maybe I should make lists of ideas - in fives of course.

I was born in 1950. (An antique) I'll be 55 (OMG) on the 5th of August 2005. It's the year of the fives for me so maybe I should work on that theme. I wish I had the determination and self belief to actually do it instead of thinking about it.

I visited the site twice yesterday. (Or was it five times?) The first time hubby passed by and said, 'You send a lot of reviews on there don't you?' I anticipate trouble ahead. On my second visit, he just happened to pass by again and said 'Have you got replies to your reviews already? I wouldn't have thought people responded that fast,' closely followed by 'Do you communicate with one particular person on there?' Translation - 'Has it got anything to do with a MAN?' It's all so sad and unnecessary. So now I'm starting to think, will he try to hack into my folder and mail? What's to stop him doing a search and reading all the stuff he doesn't know I've written and all this too of course! Call me paranoid, it's my middle name, but it has happened before in other areas. Oh well, if it happens, it happens, I'll let fate decide. Bet he doesn't leave any nice comments though! lol

For someone who complained about the length of entries in other b... er journals I'm not doing a bad job am I? Going, hubby starting to huff and puff. Back later.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344519-Five-Add-Five