*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345163-B-v-J
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#345163 added May 4, 2005 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
B v J
I'm feeling confused. I was under the impression the only difference between blogs (sorry about using the word) and journals was the format. Now I've been made to wonder if there is more to it.

I don't know the official meaning of 'blog' and I have no idea what one is supposed to include in the contents. When I first started this I did ask if there were rules and regulations. Maybe someone out there can explain.

I'm wondering if a journal is the place to write about day to day events, feelings and simple things and a 'blog' is supposed to be something with more depth. As I've said before, much as I can admire and be interested in entries about political debates and abstract conceptions, I much prefer those friendly pages about people's days and the ups and downs of life. Maybe I'm just simple or too nosey even! Is writing about our personal feelings and daily life that boring? All a matter of opinion I suppose and fair enough.

I could rattle on about topical issues, political matters, what's in the media or on television but as I don't find those things of particular interest, I'd rather not. I'm aware I don't have a great general knowledge and I often choose to bury my head in the sand regarding the ugly, cruel things that happen on this planet but that's me. I respect other people's different attitudes and views, but for me, the lives of warm-hearted sincere people is of more interest. Okay, I'm jumping off my soap box now.

Another Wednesday, and as predicted last week, almost identical to any other. Five unexpected things?

1. There's a bitterly cold wind mingling with the sunshine; very unusual for May.
2. I felt better physically this morning than I anticipated.
3. I managed to find an item in a shop I've been trying to find for ages.
4. I'm feeling more negative than usual.
5. After a week of silence I'm suddenly a lot more upset about my absent critic than I expected to be.

Maybe I've been listening to too many sad songs or it's the 'highly sensitive person' syndrome again. I've ordered the book from the library, thanks Daryl. God, what a boring entry!

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345163-B-v-J