*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345310-Reason-Season-or-Lifetime
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#345310 added May 5, 2005 at 5:25am
Restrictions: None
Reason Season or Lifetime
I could wax lyrical about the elections here in England today but as I am not allowed a vote it's not really my place. Being born in the States has caused me some problems in my life, but I won't lose any sleep over not having a vote. There's a long story behind that but it's too boring to relate here. Like most of my stories. lol My predictions for the election? Poor turnout, no change in government, no change in the lives of people in England. Yawn.

Instead, as it seems I've lost someone I thought was a friend I'm typing up one of my favourite philosophies.

'When someone comes into your life for a reason, it will be to meet a need you have expressed. They come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, that person will say or do something which will bring the relationship to an end.

Sometimes they die.
Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

What we have to realise is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work has been done. The prayer you sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When they come into your life for a season it is because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or they make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real, but only for a season.

Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.'

Gone all teary now ...sniffle. There's more, but that's the main gist and I don't want anyone falling asleep.

So, what can I apply to my absent friend? Certainly not a lifetime and I never anticipated it would be. A reason? Can't think of one offhand unless it's to help me learn not to be so sensitive! So, I must conclude it was a season. To share the laughs, music, art, literature and joy. But, like summer, I wasn't ready for the season to end just yet, and would like to have had a choice in the matter. But it seems to have been taken out of my hands so I can do nothing but accept. It's difficult, very difficult but no one ever promised life was easy, more's the pity.

Time to get on with the humdrum; much to do and maybe a day to look for positives. (five) Well, maybe another cuppa first. Procrastinating again.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345310-Reason-Season-or-Lifetime