*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345413-Premature
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#345413 added June 3, 2014 at 5:10am
Restrictions: None
Premature
I have an early morning appointment at the opticians tomorrow and a busy day after that so I'm excelling myself by writing Friday's entry on Thursday evening. Well, there's only election blurb on the television. Think my predictions on that may not have been too far out by the looks of it.

I may need to get up at the crack of dawn to make sure I get those damned slippery contact lens in place. I'm trialling those disposable things and must admit I'm pleased with myself as it's something I thought I'd never do. I've got it down to a fine art now - it only takes three hours and fifty five attempts to get the stubborn little things in right. Well worth the effort to be able to see the red eyes, the black bags and the wrinkles clearly in the mirror!

I received my fourth merit badge today; I can't tell you how grateful it makes me feel to be a member of this wonderful community.

I must be developing telepathic skills as I took the advice offered by Dan and Rebecca before I'd even read it. Decided this morning to not dismiss my absent friend and maybe I needed to try and reopen the doors. He's not cut me off as I thought and has reminded me that I do tend to over-react. Just call me a drama queen. He says he's in a strange mood and doesn't feel he's good company right now; I can relate to that. I will however -

1. Keep my relationship with this person light-hearted.
2. Not worry when he takes long absences.
3. Accept he has moods; who doesn't?
4. Trust that if he needs me he'll contact me.
5. Know that he will not leave my life without proper closure and accept it when it happens.

Famous last words! lol I'm thinking maybe reason, rather than season now. I believe he may teach me to eventually be more accepting and less melodramatic. Whatever the outcome, for the moment I feel better.

Better get some shut eye. Battle of the lens in the morning. Still, I'll think about that tomorrow!

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345413-Premature