*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345608-Early-Starts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#345608 added May 6, 2005 at 5:56pm
Restrictions: None
Early Starts
I'm hoping not to make a habit of writing entries in the evening, as I much prefer to start the day with a good b*** er ramble, but it's a case of needs must again. Another early start tomorrow, another session of cursing and swearing, crawling on hands and knees feeling for runaway lenses before I'm fully conscious.

Tomorrow is reunion day at the College where I trained to teach many moons ago. Set in the heart of beautiful Yorkshire countryside, Wentworth Castle is steeped in history, legends and natural beauty. At eighteen, when we began our training we hated it! All we wanted were parties, boys, loud music, boys, pop concerts, boys, junk food and boys. All we got were flowers and trees, culture, prissy spinster lecturers, early nights and isolation. But, we turned out pretty good teachers and made our own fun along the way. And most importantly,it brought me the friends who remain close to my heart all these years later.

So tomorrow, we more mature ladies will wander the exquisite grounds of the college, reminiscing and now appreciating the beauty of the place. And we shall eat...and eat...and eat. Coffee and pastries at eleven, lunch and gateaux at one and sandwiches and cream cakes at four. Diet starts again on Monday!

I'm looking forward to seeing my old friends and to taking some serious shots with my new digital camera. I really must learn how to adjust the photos so I can include them here or in my portfolio; I'm getting quite envious seeing some of the pictures posted by others. And I'm sure the photos would be far more interesting than my daily babble.

The optician was pleased with my progess; everything is going to plan. I love my trips to Nottingham; it's a fine city and I still consider it my home. It's the place I remember my wonderful grandparents, my schoolfriends, my wild teenage years, my old boyfriends. Sigh...where did it all go? But I'm glad I'm still around to see the advancements in technology which have brought me many new friends, especially on this site.

Going to play Scrabble now before I get all soppy and sentimental. Must be the wine...hic.






© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345608-Early-Starts