*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/348440-Orange-Air
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #942302
Sunflower's Blog
#348440 added May 20, 2005 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
Orange Air
It has already become summer Dallas pollution time. When the air doesn't move through this urban island, the pollution really does get thick. I give people spouting black oil puffs the old "evil eye." Gave one to an 18 wheeler Dr. Pepper truck that looked like he was leaving a stream of jet fuel just yesterday. He didn't see me, of course.

It ain't right. It's not just that cars pollute, and get fewer miles per gallon than possible. Gas is $2.02 in my neighborhood in Texas this weekend. I can almost start breathing regularly when the gas prices come down a bit.

I saw the damage big industries inflict on the environment during the time I lived in South Texas. There were acres and arces of trees, turned black and decaying because of the refinery smoke in the area. I think George Bush and his elected comrads ought to go after industrial offenders. Big business could do better if they had to.

I think President Bush is making a mistake by burrowing and drilling oil in our northern lands. That one of the remaining, rather pristine, environments is being laid bare for the humanity to which I belong, makes me ashamed for us. I don't personally rate my need for gasoline higher than letting the Arctic creatures live, remain as they always have. Deciding between the correct and incorrect use of our lands shouldn't be a political venue, ripe for the whipping.

Hybrid cars are available, and are getting better all the time. I try to make choices that don't harn my world. We all could probably do better, if we thought about it.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/348440-Orange-Air