*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349513-The-Simple-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#349513 added May 26, 2005 at 5:50am
Restrictions: None
The Simple Life
There seems to be a shortage of my favourite bl...journalists this morning. Maybe they're all too busy doing real life things and that's bound to happen at times. Even though I don't work, there's plenty I need to do too. Sometimes I wish I was less of an organiser and more of a 'go with the flow' type.

I've always been very orderly and organised. My mother isn't, neither is my sister or hubby and my dad is a hoarder so I'm not sure why I'm like this. Maybe it comes from teacher training, but looking back, I was like it as a child too. I remember having alphabetical registers for my huge collection of soft toys! Still have actually lol.

I suspect an analyst would say it's a sign of insecurity; having to arrange and carefully store things and probably there's some truth in that. Some days I wish I'd just throw my hat over a windmill, say sod the set tasks and go somewhere just for the hell of it. Retirement should be the opportunity to do that. But then there are so many other things to take into consideration. Parents, hubby, son, friends, appointments, finances, unexpected problems to sort out, the list goes on. So, even retirement imposes limitations and the opportunity to just do something off the top of your head doesn't arise very often. I know, I know; all you busy workers would just love the chance to try it out!

One of the things I love about this site is the brilliant way it's organised. The folders, favourites lists, mailbox systems etc suit me down to the ground. You may have noticed I have a fetish for lists. I keep a notebook by my side and every day make a list of who I've reviewed, e-mailed or commented on in the hope I miss no one out. Am I a sad person?

Recently I've started a 'blog' list. I check out a few 'blogs' every day then record in my book whether that person becomes a 'yes' 'maybe' or 'no' to read again. I'm hoping eventually to check them all out, maybe I'm frightened of missing something or maybe I'm just an order freak. I must say though, that despite the diversity of contents, the varying ages and situations of the writers, they all seem very well written. I've ticked a lot of 'maybes' but am reassured that the ones I chose to be my favourites remain the same.

Do you know, I have no idea what I'm rambling about or the point I'm trying to make, if any. lol Brain full of cotton wool this morning. Better go and tackle a few of the things on my list. When I've completed them I could go off and do something unplanned. But I can't - got a hairdressers appointment at one. Maybe tomorrow? Nope - got to go for an interview at the benefits agency. See what I mean? There's always something.

Oh and thanks Twink. Sounds about right for me - getting invites from computer viruses is about as exciting as my life gets. lol

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349513-The-Simple-Life