*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349285-Early-Bird
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#349285 added May 25, 2005 at 11:48am
Restrictions: None
Early Bird
I heard the dawn chorus break this morning. It must be wonderful to feel like singing at that time. But then all my feathered friends didn't stay up late last night emptying wine bottles. By eight they'd quietened down but my brain was doing it's analysing and recriminating so I had to force the body out of bed.

The upside of getting up before anyone else is the rare feeling of 'space' and 'peace.' It WAS great - now the noisy person has arrived and it's the usual pot clanging, T.V. and laptop on, and a barage of questions. 'How's the finger?' 'Are you okay?' 'Do you need another drink?' etc. I know he means well but I prefer the peace in a morning.

The downside of getting up early is being the first to open the lounge door. The absence of padding paws, morning licks and pets and that first romp around the garden still creases me. There is nothing in the world can take that pain away and nothing I can do about it. I just miss my furry friend so much.

So, I've sent a couple of e-mails to friends and emptied my junk mail. Why I get at least twenty offers of viagra, penis extensions and how to give my woman multiple orgasms I have no idea. My e-mail address obviously belongs to a female and I never visit any saucy sites (well not deliberately anyway) so this remains a mystery to me. Seems it's a bit of a 'hotmail' quirk too.

Another strange computer mystery of late is the amount of invitations I get on MSN to be added to my 'friends' list. I am very selective who I chat to on here and would NEVER add anyone I didn't 'know.' It's not been a problem before, but recently I get about three invites a day. When I check out the inviter's profiles they are almost all from men even younger than my son from Venezuala! Weird or what? I keep checking my own profile to make sure some hacker hasn't added a photo of a naked, nubile young beauty or something provocative to my boring notes but I can't find anything amiss. So WHY this is happening I have no idea.

I find it mildly amusing and my 'blocked' list is getting very long but it's also a bit disturbing. I don't like things I can't explain and it also worries me how many young innocents are drawn into chatting with strangers this way. Always a downside to everything isn't there?

Anyway, time to get ready for the swimming session. I'll be trapped between two very talkative friends this morning while I do my lengths. If you think I can ramble about nothing then you should hear them! And no doubt the rest of Wednesday will unfold as it always does. Sigh ... such is the way of life for grumpy old women.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349285-Early-Bird