*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351390-My-amazing-man
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#351390 added January 25, 2006 at 5:37pm
Restrictions: None
My amazing man
Thursday morning we left for Hydro, Robert driving the motor home and my following in the minivan. Now here is a man who can bearly shuffle a few steps, sometimes, and he is dragging himself up into that ancient motor home of ours. It takes a major amount of strength and endurance for anyone to get up in it and back out.

We went by Sam's Club to fill up with gas. He wouldn't let me fill the motor home, oh, no. That might be too hard for me. He climbs from the motor home, and I help him get the pump set up, etc. Then he fills the tank.

As he finished, we both realized we hadn't eaten anything that morning. I drove over to Wendy's and got us small hamburgers while he drove the motor home over in the parking lot and turned it off as he waited. We ate, but when he tried to leave, the motor home wouldn't start. He climbed out, and I drove him around to the battery compartment. He hooked up the battery cables, went back around to the door, shuffling, and started the motor home, climbed back out, shuffled back, and unhooked the battery cables. Then he was back up in the motor home and drove it all the way to Hydro, stopping for one rest on the way.

This man of mine is so amazing. He has more strength and courage than anyone I know, or he's the most stubborn human being I've ever met. Hmmm. . . maybe a combination.

Then we get to Hydro, have a brief rest before going to ball games, and he takes time to check out Randy's riding lawn mower and mow some of the grass around where we park the motor home.

He isn't well by any means, but he's so much better, even gaining weight. For a while he looked like a survivor of an concentration camp. I've had him on mangosteen juice for about three weeks now, and we both see results, good results. Thank God.

God is giving us larger and larger glimpses of silver lining.

© Copyright 2006 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351390-My-amazing-man