*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351669-Introduction
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #977724
Peter gets shot in a highschool shooting, and dies, and experiences death and life after.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#351669 added June 5, 2005 at 10:21am
Restrictions: None
Introduction
Have you ever dreamed you were dead? Or wondered how you would die? When I was little I didn’t want to think I would have to grow up. So I decided I was going to get shot. Its not that I wanted to die, I just didn’t want to grow up. Just a stupid child’s idea, right? Who would have ever known I would be right?!?

At my last year of high school I had things all set up for my future. I had my beautiful girl friend, Rachel, whom I am madly in love with, a couple of scholarships, a decent car and a job. Things were looking great for me, I was even going to propose to Rachel after we graduated; but on April 9th I died.

It started on April 5th when my best friend, Kris, had enough. Kris was walking through the halls and Josh stepped his foot out and made Kris nearly trip. "Watch the hell where your going Kris!" The others laughed as Josh said that. Kris stared hard into his eyes and began to walk off but Josh tapped on his shoulder to make another joke. He swung at him and landed a punch right in Josh's cheek and everyone around heard it. Josh closed his eyes for a moment and tried to shake it off.

Josh opened his eyes and started swinging wildly and Kris had managed to dodge each swing. Kris dodged one more swing and then took his chance and gave Josh another blow, this time right in his stomach. At that point it looked like Kris might win. I started to turn away from the fight but suddenly Kris was ambushed by Joshes friends. The tables had turned and I saw Kris take blow after blow after blow. He bawled in pain but they wouldn't stop. I came running up, "Stop!" I shouted and they slowly began to stop. Josh kicked Kris once more right in Kris's gut and left him there. He lay on the ground crying; blood dripping from his face.



On April 6th, the very next day, things seemed rather normal except Kris wasn’t there; but that wasn't so suprising after the beating he had taken.

I was eating lunch with Rachel outside when I saw Kris finally show up for school. No one seemed to notice that he had just arrived, except me. He looked horrible; he had bruises all over his upper body. His face was marked in blueish bruises. His hair was drenched in swet and he looked like he was... well insane! I began to get up to see if he was okay but he didn’t notice me. He just kept walking; slowly walking towards his destiny... Walking towards Josh. I slowed my approach as I saw everyone grow silent. Josh turned to see Kris, as he heard someone approaching. He stared into Kris's cold eyes and Kris stared back at him harshly and Josh said, “How stupid are…” he stopped.

I came closer to see why everyone grew silent and stood still; staring at Kris and Josh. Kris had a gun to Josh's head!

“You wouldn’t…” Josh muttered trying to be brave. A security guard came out of no where and tried to wrestle the gun out of Kris’s hand. "Pow," Kris shot Daemon the security guard right in the leg.

“Back the hell away… I came for Josh.”

“Kris…” I said and he looked over to me with a sad face, “Put the gun down, please, you don’t want to do this.” I said; he took aim at Josh again. I couldn’t see my best friend destroy his future like this… So I came towards him slowly as I said; “Kris, stop. Don't do this; your life will be over!”

Kris glanced at me then back at Josh. “But so will his… it might be worth it…” Josh was scared for once, all that shit he had said to everyone was nothing now. Kris stared him down and slowly started to lower his gun.

"Rah!" Carlos shouted as he and David tackled Kris from behind. Kris struggled to hold their weight for half a second and then he fell to the ground and his hand started firing the gun mercilessly.

I heard probably 5 shots and I gasped as one of them hit me! I felt my chest rip in one small place and breathing began to be hard, as I had to cough out the blood. My hand felt the wound and tried to stop the blood flow. The pain was surging through my body and I fell to the ground. Not yet dead- just laying there in my own blood.

I opened my eyes again as the bullet fire seemed to cease. I saw Rachel there above me and she was holding me, trying to get help. She was saying something, but I didn’t understand. She kept mouthing the same words, but nothing connected.

I turned away to see what was going on and I saw two security guards struggling to cuff Kris with the gun lying a yard away. I looked away from Kris now and I saw three bodies lay still on the ground like my own; one was Josh. The two others were Mr. Thomas and Jessica Mayes. I looked away from them and back to Kathryn as I began to close my eyes and go to sleep… or die. I wasn’t quite sure at the time. My eyes were slowly closing when I became wide-eyed as I saw Kathryn - Josh's girl friend run at the gun and took hold of it for a moment. The security guards became still. I began to close my eyes again and I heard a bang.

Steve H.
© Copyright 2005 Steve H. (UN: stevehurl88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Steve H. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351669-Introduction