*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351670-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #977724
Peter gets shot in a highschool shooting, and dies, and experiences death and life after.
#351670 added June 5, 2005 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1
“He’s lost so much blood...” “He’s a mess.” “I don’t think he’s going to make it…” I heard these words of hope in the last hours of the night of April 9th.

I’m sure they were helping me but my will to live was much stronger than their will to make me live… As soon as the doctors left I finally heard Rachel. I didn’t hear too many words she said but to know she was there was great… then I heard my parents but they weren’t there very long because the doctors had to talk to them… “He’s not going to make it…… if we pull the plug now it will be less painful…”


My parents came back crying. “I…don’t… die” I tried to scream out but it came out fainter than a whisper. I tried to look at them but my vision was gone. "No!!!" Rachel screamed, "Give him a chance!"

"Get her out of here!"

"No!!! Peter! Tell them your going to be alright! Tell them..."


Dying; I close my eyes
the rushes from my head fill my limbs,
fill my soul
the rushes of pain,
I squeeze to life, I wont let go!
I hold on, my pulse quickens, my head throbs,

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

A light shines, no, I don't want to die!
I hold on, I'm not going, I shout aloud
I open my eyes again and I see the Earth,
I see my family I see my life I see my birth
I tried to tell them I'm not going to die, but they weren't listening!
They keep saying goodbye, and tears fill their eyes...
They think I'm going to die... but listen I'm...
They pulled the plug
but I want to live...
Dying... dead
they close my eyes...
and we say
goodbye.

My heart stopped and I lay in the hospital bed. For a moment I was surrounded by those I love, including Rachel. They all looked so sad but I don't know why. I'm alright! Aren't I? I began to see a light. A portal of light I was to enter… Heaven? A portal I am to enter through heaven...

No, it was only a hole through which my spirit left my body. My body was dead and I began to feel stuff but not physically… The hole opened up wider and my spirit was vacuumed out and I felt squeezed as I was pulled through. "I’m a ghost!" I shouted out. I looked at myself for a moment as a ghost, I was like a gas in the form of myself. Glowing there very faintly. I felt no pull to the ground but I didn’t hover over it either. I began to walk the floors of the hospital and I thought to myself: I must be dreaming.

I looked back into my room and they were all looking at my body. My pale body that still was warm with the life of me. But now... its dead. "I'm dead." I said to myself. I walked towards them again to see Rachel weeping over me. She was broken… her love of her life, me, I am dead.

I came even closer to her for a moment trying to tell her its okay. “Rachel, its okay! I'm right here!” I said. She kept crying staring at my body she didn’t hear a word I said. “Rachel!” I shouted. “I…” They didn’t hear me. “They can’t hear you Peter.” I looked to the door and there stood an old face. I recognized him but I almost couldn’t remember from where. I looked at him for a long moment staring at him... “Ben?” He nodded.

“So they finally let you go? I was waiting for you but after the second day of waiting I wasn’t quite sure if it was your time yet.” I nodded and asked “How did you die? Where are the others?” I paused for a moment, “What went on that day… what happened to Kathryn?”
“Slow down Peter; they went to their funerals. Perhaps you should do the same…” I looked away, “Well I have a day or two, don’t I? I want to know what happened; I need to talk to Kris.” Ben left the room and I looked to Rachel once more. I walked right to her and whispered into her ear, “I love you.” And it appeared as if she heard me so I left her there and began to follow Ben.

As I followed Ben I tried to jump out of the way of a doctor but he ran through me and kept running on his way to where ever. I saw him run into a room and I saw a small child walk out of the room... but I could see through her. Suddenly she was sucked back into the room...

We finally left that floor and as we were leaving I was a bit scared as the halls were covered in people like us. Some following nurses around, some moving things around to scare the doctors. Dead people yelling at doctors and they didn’t hear a word, tears of the dead everywhere. Not just the old but young adults, middle aged people, children, babies… From that moment I decided my hospital wasn’t a very good one…

“Did you die here?” I asked Ben; he looked at me for a moment, glaring at me astonished somehow that I didn't already know; “No, I didn’t get that far. I poisoned myself after my dad beat me after I took his…” Ben stopped.

“What? What’s a matter?” I asked, he looked away from me and I could tell he was hiding something.

“Well I poisoned myself and he thought he had done it, so he couldn’t take me to the hospital or he would get in trouble. So I died at home and he buried me there. My father hid that knowledge from everyone; no one knows I’m dead!”

I looked at him but he was staring away from me and I asked “But why did he beat you up in the first place?” Ben couldn’t look at me he was determined to not tell, “Peter… You know the gun that Kris ha”

“Why did he do it?!?”

“I’m going to tell you!” He finally looked towards me and continued saying, “You know the gun that Kris had? I… stole it from my dad and gave it to Kris so he could kill Josh. When I went missing; he never used it suspecting something might have happened to me. For a year I watched him, and it seemed as if maybe he had forgotten it… but”

“You gave him the gun?” I asked; Ben nodded sadly.

I turned away in shock, it was hard to bare. As if it wasn’t hard enough to know I was shot. Shot by my own friend, Kris. Who got the gun from our friend, Ben! I am dead because of them! I died because my friends are crazy! I died because my friend killed me!

No old age and sickness! No future, no wife, no more life. Dead. It’s all over! The End! (not really)



Steve H.
© Copyright 2005 Steve H. (UN: stevehurl88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Steve H. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351670-Chapter-1