*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353491-Michael-Jackson-Not-Guilty
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #942302
Sunflower's Blog
#353491 added June 13, 2005 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
Michael Jackson Not Guilty
The network news broke in to my favorite afternoon showing of Jeopardy, to prepare the nation for the verdict. During the news explanations before the clerk read the verdict, I did some "what if?" thinking for Michael and our nation.

Would the public outcry exceed that of OJ Simpson or Rodney King? What would the bystanding fans do? Throw things, or weep?

If Michael had seen the last of daylight shining on his shoulders, would he have regretted spending so little time in the sun?

What would become of Neverland?

What price must the poor boy pay for the situation God has led him into through his very public life? Will he change his ways, and spend less time with sick and dying children?

And what of Blanket?

Is it against the law to be different, or is it a sin, or perhaps neither?

At any rate, I'm glad for him it's all over, and he's been deliberated fully and found not guilty of legal wrongdoing. He looks so pale and frail. For all our human foibles, God bless Michael Jackson.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353491-Michael-Jackson-Not-Guilty