*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353720-At-Odds-With-Womens-Fashion-At-Issue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#353720 added June 17, 2005 at 10:12am
Restrictions: None
At Odds With Womens Fashion: At Issue...
Designers and other clothing manufacturers call the fashions - capri pants, or crop pants.

In case anyone happens to be clueless, these crop, or capri pants are what I use to know to be referred to as highwater pants. Oh yes they were... and highwater pants were nothing nice. Highwater pants usually meant that you had grown taller faster than your parents were willing to replace your pants, or you were wearing hand-me-downs from someone much shorter than you. Oh, the shame...

There was also a time when pants such as capri's and crop pants were known as Peddle Pushers, not just highwaters, but I think it depended on which side of the tracks a person came from whether these cropped pants were considered highwaters, or Peddle Pushers. I HAVE NEVER LIKED THEM - and to be clear I never will. And even then, women did not wear Peddle Pushers absolutely everywhere.

That little bit of missing yardage (fabric) that makes a regular pair of pants - a pair of crop pants or capri pants is saving the industry a fortune and making them a fortune as well, just as long as YOU, the consumer, continues to pay for such short commings - literally.

Will y'all just please stop it? I don't care how cute you think you look... to me you look ridiculous. And don't try to tell me for the lack of a few inches of fabric you're really that much cooler.

While it is true my age is showing... for once I don't care, my swollen ankles aren't showing, as are way too many of y'alls are laid bare before the world in your capri, or cropped pants. Unfortunately too many women my age have a problem with swollen ankles by the end of the day, not to mention the blue hue of aged skin, or the bulging vericous veins.

No, I am not done... but I am going to stop!

You're Welcome, yes I feel a little better. I have been wanting to say this about capri and crop pants for a very long time.

Ladies, your husband's, boyfriend's, and or lover's are not going to tell you the truth - they want to remain happy!

Your children are not going to tell you anything, they follow your example, so your kids only know what you have taught them, and a lot of it is by example. Shame on you Holly Jahangiri pointed out the flaw in this now striken statement

Stop being a fool for fashion.

Sincerely,
The Critic

Do I really think that my blogging this will make the least bit of difference - NO! But, then again, I do get to say, "I told you so!"

And then again, maybe, just maybe I will rescue one, just one... if I can't save them all.


© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353720-At-Odds-With-Womens-Fashion-At-Issue