*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353229-Stupid-is-not-E-rated
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#353229 added June 23, 2005 at 4:29pm
Restrictions: None
"Stupid" is not E rated
Well... I guess they would know!

Y'all I have been laughing for the last five minutes. Honestly... it is all I can do to type this enty in today's blog. I have to admit that I have needed a really good laugh, and how blessed I feel today.

Thank you Writing.Com Support.

Now don't anybody misunderstand... I really have come to appreciate the Content Rating System on Writing.Com. At first, I kinda considered it censorship of a sort... and occassionally slipped, but nothing major... as I don't write highly erotic stuff, don't use a lot of foul language either... I worked very hard to develope my vocabulary over the years (As I have grown older I am losing my ability to remember how to spell... and I can't see good... never mind)

The notice from Writing.Com Support said:

"Stupid is not E-Rated


I almost fell out of my chair.

Would you like to read the piece that some Moderator felt compelled to change the rating on because of the word "Stupid"? Well, here is the link:

 Concerning "STUPID" People  (13+)
Stupid people are everywhere, and the events here are all too common to be really funny.
#804846 by The Critic


And I must say that I must be famous, or infamous, because I always know when there have been a new round of promotions of Moderators, as my portfolio always seems to be raided...

My portfolio must almost appear Virginal to the Naked eye... and I can say all those words ... I double, and triple checked the rating on this journal... it is +18... can't touch this...

I want to thank all the Newly Promoted Over Zealous Moderators for all the Special Attention bestowed upon me... Thank you...

Stupid is not E-Rated


hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please... Please continue your quest to protect children under the age of 13 from people like me, who use the non-E word Stupid...


Finally, somebody must have recognized themselves!!!!

Priceless!!!

Okay... I have regained my sense of balance. I had to contact Support because the Moderator who changed the content rating from E to +13 because of the non-E word Stupid... somehow, and mistakingly so, locked the Intro rating at "E" ... so I went and requested that the Intro rating be changed to +13.

While reading in the
Content Rating Support  [18+]
The official Writing.Com Content Rating Support forum: questions, rating adjustments, etc.
by Writing.Com Support
I discovered that there is actually a list of non-E rated words.

In addition to the non-E word Stupid, I discovered that Pill is also a non-E word. So, a person that writes about taking antibotics, cannot discuss the form that the antibotics are taken in? Cause I can almost certainly deduce that the word Shot has got to be a non-E word... even if I was writing about a clown being shot out of a cannon... I am going to go ask?

***********


A word to the WISE... just don't mess with, or attempt to stir the pot in the Content Rating Forum... it is serious business. Humor is not easily recognized as humor, nor is it appreciated in the Content Rating Forum, either.

Of course YOU don't have to take my advice... go ahead if you feel you must. Just please be sure to come back and tell me that I was right, as I consider myself the "Queen of I TOLD YOU SO..."



© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353229-Stupid-is-not-E-rated