*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/354964-Niggles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#354964 added June 14, 2014 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Niggles
The problem with idyllic holidays is the coming down to earth. Last Tuesday I was enjoying a lovely day in Rhodes and this Tuesday the trials of reality are kicking in.

Felt dizzy all day for some reason. Delayed reaction to flying and lack of sleep maybe or a combination of the humid weather here and too much Ouzo? Attempting to phone the Home Office regarding the residency problem is proving to be an impossible task. The number is constantly engaged and rumours are that it can take months to get through to them. Do I get a choice where I'm deported to I wonder? lol

My son set off for Wimbledon very early yesterday morning intending to stay until Wednesday. However, after queuing yesterday and a very uncomfortable night on the pavement he's decided he can't hack it and we've had to sort things out to get him home tonight. At least he's got tickets for Centre Court today though.

Last Tuesday we went on a guided evening tour of Old Rhodes town. The history is fascinating and it's amazing to think five thousand people still live within the walls of the old city. The palace was rebuilt in the 1930's after an explosion ruined the original in 1856. The Street of the Knights is a set-piece Italian restoration of the enclave created by the Knights of St John. The atmosphere is wonderful, the buildings and plants are beautiful and I could go on for a long time but I won't; just post a few photos instead. After the tour we were treated to a five course Greek meal at 'Romeo's' restaurant in the town. We sat with a lovely Dutch couple who were great company; hubby even let me sit next to the male of the pair with no protests. lol Then a boat trip out of Rhodes harbour before returning to the hotel. It was an experience I'd love to repeat again and again but alas, it's down to earth with a bang today. Still, at least we did it and thoroughly enjoyed it so I mustn't grump - well not too much anyway.













© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/354964-Niggles