*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/355541
by Ne0801
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #983921
A girl who doesn't know who she is.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#355541 added June 24, 2005 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
My Eyes Open
I opened my eyes, and the bright of the light made them water. My eyes felt sticky, like I hadn't opened them in a long time. I had no idea where I was, and still, the only thing I could see was the light shining brightly in my face. I tried my best to rise, and take a look at my surroundings, but it seemed as if I had forgotten how to get up.
I was in a state of confusion, I didn't know where I was, who I was, or what was happening to me. Failing to get up, I rolled over, and saw the rest of the room. It was bright, and white, and clean. Tears spilled involuntarily out of my eyes. The only sounds I heard was two men talking in the next room, and a humming noise. I had to get out of there before the men came back, at least that's what I thought.
I couldn't tell what they were saying, but I heard the voices, and I concentrated on that while picking myself up. I got it this time, and I planted my feet firmly on the cold floor. I stood up, and ran across the room, making no noise. I opened the door, and the men stopped talking. I held my breath, and heard their footsteps, as they got louder and louder. I could tell they were trying to sneak.
I closed the door, and ran across the room, and slid myself underneath a cart.
"Hey, Fith, she's gone."
"WHAT?!" The second man stomped his way across the room, and threw the sheets off the bed I was in.
"DAMN!" He turned to the first man and widened his eyes. "Go tell Snake, and get every man in this room. She's got to be somewhere in the building, and we are going to FIND HER! If Joker finds out she's gone, we're all dead." The man just stood there, as if waiting for Fith to say more.
"Laurence, if you don't leave right this instant-"
"I'm gone." He walked nonchalantly out of the room, and Fith just stood there with his head in his hands.
"We should have killed her when we had the chance," I heard him grumble. I widened my own eyes, and watched him walk out. I knew I had to leave that room, because when they came searching, I was surely going to be found.
I had no time to sit and think about all I had forgotten, or why I was where I was. I crawled across the room, to another door, and opened it. This door led to a staircase, and i got up and ran down, as quietly as I could.

* * *

The girl raced down the steps, but her feet weren't pounding. Her breathing was staedy, as if her body was used to such a workout. She reached the bottom of the steps, and heard footsteps. She could tell there was a male and female in the hall. The sounds of heels clicking, and dress shoes sliding clued her in. She didn't bother to think about how she knew this.
She held her breath, waiting for the twosome to go by, but heard the sounds of people running down the steps. Her breth caught, and her eyes widened. She knew if she was going to leave the building she would have to go out that door, but if she wanted to live, she's have to go downstairs, to the basement.
Again she didn't bother wondering why, at these times she knew so much about the building, or how her ears were trained to hear even the faintest sound. SHe let out a sigh, and crept down the stairs leading to the basement. She stayed pressed up against the wall, side stepping.
"I want that girl. Kiara is a threat to this whole orginization!" The man, she knew was named Fith walked calmly after the running men.
"She has to be in the building. There is no way she knows her way around. And there is no way she found the staircase. You said you heard the front door open, and the back door was shut and locked, exactly how we left it. She has to be wondering about her floor right now anyway." The men left the staircase and the girl tilted her head side ways.,
'Am I Kiara? Why do they want me so bad?' SHe thought. She kept moving when she heard the mens footsteps fade, and came to the bottom of the steps. There was a door, that was steel, and a base with numbers on it right in the middle of the door. There was no way she was going to crack that code, and even if she could at one point in her life, she couldn't now. She slid herself in a opening in the wall, and waited. She couldn't go back up, or the men would catch her, and she couldn't continue going forward, so she waited for someone to come through the doors.
As she stood there her heart and mind raced. She began to think maore nd more, about her situation.
'I'm Kiara. Who's Snake? Who's Joker? WAIT!' Her mind screamed to her. 'I never closed and locked the back door in that room.' SHe thought back on to what the man that was with Fith said.
"...the back door was shut and locked..." But how? SHe let herself think about this for the next ten minutes, until she heard beeping. The noise stopped, and the door slid upwards, revealing a woman, wearing all leather. Kiara stared, and the moan began walking up the steps. The door was sliding down, and Kiara rolled into the room, eager to see what was behind the large steel door.
© Copyright 2005 Ne0801 (UN: ne0801 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ne0801 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/355541