*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357126-Top-of-the-Pops
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#357126 added July 1, 2005 at 10:53am
Restrictions: None
Top of the Pops
Breeze mentioned in her journal the other day that she's number 131 in the most viewed author's list. Quite an achievement considering the number of members on the site. Of course, that sent me on an ego trip to find out exactly where my position is. After going through the first fifteen pages I was beginning to get a complex, but eventually found myself on page seventeen, number 843. It's not of any importance I know and I suppose out of a total of 326 pages it's still pretty good.

Curiosity made me wonder exactly who are the most popular authors on the site and what draws their readers, so I had a quick look at the first page. The red cases speak for themselves, there are a lot of purple and blue ones too but also quite a few black cases. After studying these most popular authors I've concluded Campfires, Interactive Stories and Polls attract a lot of views; something I've never tried or looked into. The other pull seems to be the XGC rating which comes as no surprise. I have a lot of admiration for some of our erotica writers and having dabbled in it myself, I realise to do it successfully requires a lot of talent, skill and careful thought. Sadly though, something tells me a lot of readers hit on these pieces for the wrong reasons; purely for titillation and a cheap thrill, not for the chance to admire the author's skill. I hope I'm wrong.

I feel quite happy that my folder has been visited over a thousand times and my b... journal nearly three thousand, but I'd still appreciate more feedback on my stories and poems. Serves me right I suppose for neglecting my own reviewing, forums and competition entries. Once Wimbledon is over and a few social events are out the way I intend to start reviewing and posting with a vengeance. But reading my favourite journals has become the most pleasant and important part of belonging to this site and that will always come first. If I have one complaint about Writing. Com it's that there's just too much to do on it!

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357126-Top-of-the-Pops