*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357434-The-presentations-went-well
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #933561
I have a few things to say and I am gonna say them here ...
#357434 added July 3, 2005 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
The presentations went well
I presented a talk on "Acute Diarrhoea in Infants and Young Children" before a group of about 30 family practitioners from near my area of practice. Along with me was my dear friend and colleague Dr. Praful, who gave a talk on "Acute Respiratory Distress". The whole seminar was organised by the Nestle team of reps at "Hotel Heritage" in Byculla. Lunch was part of the proceedings and was had by all before the academic session began.

I got the impression that the talk was very well received by all and was quite enjoyed by us too. We were given a bouquet of flowers by the Nestle guys as a token of their appreciation.

Lunch consisted of chicken Koliwada (fried pieces of marinaded, spicy chicken) as a starter, followed by Mughlai chicken in cashew sauce, fried fish with tartar sauce, dal Maharani with rice, Indian breads and other miscellany. It was nice and tasty!

The doctors were all very interactive and participated robustly in the discussions. I knew most of them, but not all, and it was heartening to have some of them come up to me after the talks to discuss some of their patients and their medical problems with me.

A few of those present also showed interest in my book on Parenting and one of them actually spoke to me of buying it.

All in all, a good event!

*Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Dr Taher writes again! (UN: drtaher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Taher writes again! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357434-The-presentations-went-well