*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358888-Happy-Birthday-Sis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#358888 added July 10, 2005 at 5:42am
Restrictions: None
Happy Birthday Sis
Last night went okay but true to form the weather behaved in its usual obtuse manner. Last year we held the reunion at a venue with an outside balcony and it was decidedly grey and cool. This year, we decided on a hotel with no outdoor facilities and it was a scorcher. Sweat sweat, drip drip. One of my male friends turned up with a tub of pistachio ice cream for us to share, which was very enjoyable. This stems from one of those silly internet circulars from about four years ago, asking all sorts of personal questions. One of them was 'Favourite ice cream flavour?' Turned out we both chose pistachio and we've been having a race since then to find some in the shops. Guess he won, but at least he shared it and supplied the spoons. A wonderful way to celebrate his recovery from a very rare form of cancer. Bless you, Graham.

I'm up early today, hangover free, and have to start another renovation procedure. My sister's ** th birthday today and she's been dreading it. What she doesn't know is her husband has arranged for us and friends from Cornwall to go over and join them for a meal out. Hope that cheers her up. Also hope she likes the digital camera I've bought her. We don't usually buy birthday presents but as she's ** today, I thought I'd treat her. You only get one sister as special as her. Bless you, Penny. Have a good Sunday, folks.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358888-Happy-Birthday-Sis