*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359165-Better-Late-Than
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#359165 added July 11, 2005 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Better Late Than...
A very late entry for me today but hope I'm still in time to turn that number eleven blue. I seem to have a backlog of mail to answer, reviews to catch up on and haven't even started on sorting my folder, editing and completing unfinished works. Then there's the novel I promised my tutor I'd start. How you workers manage all your achievements I don't know; maybe I need a time management course. Wait a minute though; I haven't got time for that.

Yesterday was a wonderful one. Glorious sunshine, sis was thrilled by her surprise guests and the day whizzed by. A lovely meal, lots of wine, champagne and laughs. We could do with more Sundays like that. Still, sis is coming over here next weekend, so at least there's something to look forward to.

Haven't had time to turn round today and it's been yet another scorcher - sweat,sweat, drip drip. This morning I went to visit another Medium with my friend Big Pam. I've mentioned before I don't hold with organised religions but I do try to hang on to my spiritualist beliefs and in general have enough evidence to make that a not too difficult task. Whatever, I'm open-minded. I go to support Pam mainly; having a daughter who took her own life at nineteen has obviously affected her deeply and she cannot be blamed for trying to seek comfort and find answers. I doubt she ever will, but if the words and messages given to her by Mediums helps, then I'll always be prepared to be there with her. I must stress these are not fortune tellers or clarevoyants, but people who work through the spiritualist church.

Anyway, it was a long morning and interesting to say the least. A lot of my messages were accurate, facts that no one could guess, but a lot of the names and situations meant nothing to me. This is usually how it pans out. However, when the medium suddenly announced that I'll meet up with someone I've met on the internet, gave me a significant name and an accurate description, I almost fell off my chair. Cynics may scoff, but there is NO way, anyone could know or guess this information. I take it lightly however; I'm trying very hard to keep my home situation more peaceful and accept my lot, as I feel I need some security, not disruption. But a similar message has been given to me now by five different mediums so it disturbs me a little. I leave it to fate; for now I'm too busy 'blogging' and trying to catch up with day to day tasks. Besides, I'm too old and set in my ways for adventures. Or am I?

Since then it's been supermarket shopping, cooking and catching up here; days pass by at an alarming rate. I still have a little research to do for tomorrow, so will love you and leave you, return to the hubby zone and sample my first dry white. Life could be a whole lot worse.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359165-Better-Late-Than