*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359106-The-Bird-That-Visited-Me
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #554904
Just Jul Lee is just me. I write my thoughts and observations.
#359106 added July 11, 2005 at 12:03pm
Restrictions: None
The Bird That Visited Me
The Bird That Visited Me
DATE: July 11, 2005


Yesterday, I was sitting at my computer and my mom went upstairs. Suddenly, she started shouting for me to get up there. "Hurry, hurry!" she shouted and so I made my way up the stairs.

"There's a bird in your room," she said.

"What?"

"It was in your bathroom and now it's in here!" she continued, standing in the doorway of my room. I looked in over her shoulder and, sure enough, a bird was fluttering about my cluttered, dark room.

It went behind my desk but my mom couldn't find it. I got down on my knees and began moving stuff slowly for I could see the little dark head of the bird sticking out from behind a box.

After everything was moved from under my desk, I could see the bird clearly. It was a dark brown bird and it looked quite calm, considering the circumstances. My mom handed me a sweater to throw over the bird so we could get it out of the house.

The bird proved too fast and smart for such a move. It easy avoided the sweater and sat staring at me a foot away.

I talked to it soothingly as I moved an empty water bottle from in front of the bird. It didn't start or move away, which was reassuring.

"I'm going to pet your wing, okay?" I asked the bird as I reached out my hand and gently carressed the wing closest to me. Then, still talking to the bird, I moved my hand over it and petted the opposite wing. The bird remained where it was.

I closed my hand around its frail body and lifted the bird. It flapped its wings free and placed its feet upon my finger, allowing me to place both hands gently, yet firmly, about the little body and carry it downstairs and outside.

I stood on the edge of my porch and opened my hands and the grateful little bird took to the skies once more. I was smiling, joyfully happy.

I thank God that He brought joy into my life in a surprising way. He allowed me to take the bird into my hands and set it free without injury to it or to me. I marvel at His mercy, love, creation and humor. My God is an awesome God and He loves me!

© Copyright 2005 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359106-The-Bird-That-Visited-Me