*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359602-Diet-Day-Two
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#359602 added July 13, 2005 at 12:56pm
Restrictions: None
Diet Day Two
I was going to say I'd been too busy today to make an entry until now, but after reading Dan's journal I think I'd better rephrase that. Let's say I've been actively involved. Out early this morning to go swimming with Big Pam, had a little shopping to do and the expected visit to my parent's house. Same old, same old Wednesday in fact but short of leaving the country it's difficult to alter the routine. The only different thing about today is what's on the menu.

A friend gave me the latest diet idea sheet. I don't usually follow trendy diets, could never tackle Atkins, Weightwatchers or Slimming World but this one at least looked worth an attempt. Three days of very rigid menus, followed by four normal days. Surely even someone as weak-willed as me can manage that? I'm halfway through day two and miserable already. lol Oh well, take a sip of peppermint tea and battle on. If it works it will have been worth the suffering.

With little to report and too starved to think of anything profound, (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) I thought I'd just add to Forever's list of the latest lingo. Hope you writers can use them in your work!

1. Intaxication - Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realise it was your money to start with.

2. Giraffiti - Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

3. Sarchasm - The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

4. Glibido - All talk and no action.

5. Ignoranus - A person who's both stupid and an asshole.

I'm going before anyone starts calling me that last one. lol

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359602-Diet-Day-Two