*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359331-Dans-The-Man
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#359331 added July 12, 2005 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
Dan's The Man
Now I've managed to extricate myself from Tor's revolving doors and caught up with my favourite journals I'll make a start on my own. My fingers are throbbing, my stomach is growling, I'm missing the sun out there but you all know what a martyr to the cause I am. lol I'm beginning to think the meaning of life is not 42 after all; could it be 'blogging'? It seems to be getting more of an addiction each day. Hubby will start asking why I'm not playing the 'assholes' at Scrabble soon - he's got nothing to gripe about lately and I bet he fair misses that. Stop it Scarlett, remember you said you were trying to be nice to him. Old habits die hard.

Anyway, one of my resolutions regarding this site is that when anyone reviews my work, be it an old friend or a newcomer, I always return the favour. So, after first thanking Dan for his kind words yesterday, I now want to say a little bit about him. We all know what an astute and supportive member he is and how talented he is, not only at writing it seems after seeing his line drawings. He obviously has a creative, sensitive nature. Running a business and investing in stocks and shares hasn't taken away any of his warmth and ability to empathise with the human condition; in fact it's probably made him a more well-rounded (no, I'm not talking physical) person and personally, I think he has more wisdom in his little finger than I'll ever acquire in a lifetime. It's always an honour to sit next to him on the blogger's list, although I must admit sandwiched between him and Tor could be even better.

If Dan cares to look back at his b...journal he will see that his first ever comment, back on March 5th was made by me. I'd been writing and reading a few other author's b...journals, when I came across Dan's and instantly felt a connection. He didn't reply so I assumed he maybe wasn't bothered about people reading his words or he'd not noticed the comment. If he also cares to look back at his reviews he'll see I also sent him a complimentary one after his piece 'Christmas Confusion' was featured in a Comedy Newsletter way back in December 2004. I've not done my homework to make him feel guilty believe me, but to point out the fact that Dan was impressing me long before this 'blogging' took off. Around April, Dan finally found my folder and the rest is history as they say. His writings are beyond excellent, demonstrating quality, humour, originality and flair. His comments and support go further than average too, showing concern, advice, undertanding and a wonderful sense of humour. Not to mention the side-splitting rapport between himself and Tor. They have drawn us to them and I feel we've become almost a little family within this huge community. He even wrote a poem in response to one of mine; how many members would be that thoughtful? No, I may be the one who visits the most 'blogs' but Dan is the one whose kindness and natural love of people shines through brightly. I am honoured to call him a friend.

Here's a strange coincidence too. As I checked out his line drawings, I was stunned to find one of a dog he called Boo. My first ever dog, a feisty Cairn Terrier, shared that name. In my case it came from a song that was popular around that time - 'Me and you and a dog named Boo.' I can't count how many times I had to explain the origin of her name, but I've never in thirty years come across another dog named Boo. So, it seems Dan and I have more in common than we realised.

I've grown to care about my 'blogging' friends and my links list keeps on growing. The only reason I'm often first to comment is the time difference I think, but I thoroughly enjoy reading them all. I may not be able to keep up the habit of responding to all entries but Dan will always be one of the first I check out when time is short. And I shall continue to do that as long as we keep on 'blogging.' I'm lucky to have found him and built up this great circle of friends through him. You're welcome to follow me as long as you like, Dan.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359331-Dans-The-Man