*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359773-Dusty-Trust
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #554904
Just Jul Lee is just me. I write my thoughts and observations.
#359773 added July 14, 2005 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
Dusty Trust
Dusty Trust
DATE: July 14, 2005


Upon reading Psalm 106 last night in church, were the wonderfulness of God is shown only by revealing the nastiness of mankind, I have realized several truths.

First and foremost, our God is truly wonderful and deserving of all praise. As my Pastor said, "We haven't even begun to tap into all the ways we can praise Him, we haven't realized all that He truly is." He added that one of our church members 'got frustrated' while she was praising God in her car one day. "I kept saying 'I love You, Lord' until I finally stopped and said that there had to be a better word to use to express my love for Him." she said. "But I can't find one and so all I can do is say 'I love You, Lord, I love You, Lord', over and over again." Psalm 106 is an invitation to praise Him who is so worthy it is beyond description.

Second of all, I have 'dusty trust' as it were. Long ago, I believed the promises of God so intensely that none could have told me otherwise. Today, I look at my fears and put them above His promises to me. Last night, I realized how little I truly trusted all that He had spoken to me through the years. I trust Him but not the word He had revealed to me so long ago. I blew the dust off my trust of Him at the altar and fully believe in His calling for my life once more.

Finally, I realized that there is no better place to be than at the side of the King, in the hand of the Father, under the wing of the Protector, in the eye of the Provider. How marvelous He is! How great that we can open our mouths and praise Him openly and without fear. Americans take this for granted, murmuring praise while thinking of their daily projects, hoping they aren't too loud. Shout it from the mountaintops! He is worthy.

I admire those in countries where the penalty of serving God is imprisonment, abuse and death. How boldly they stand for the one true God and refuse to give up their Lord despite all that hangs threateningly over their heads. My prayers are with you.

May God bless and keep you all in His loving, protecting, providing, comforting arms until He calls us home!

© Copyright 2005 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359773-Dusty-Trust