*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360188-Sod-or-Murphy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#360188 added July 16, 2005 at 12:49pm
Restrictions: None
Sod or Murphy?
Seems Sod and Murphy were in league yesterday to ensure nothing went right. *Pthb* I couldn't find a replacement hat, but bought some things for the 'sister' bag and some smelly bathroom things. I was just perusing in a stationary shop when my mobile played it's silly tune.

It was my sis. Her hubby was on the way to take her to the station when she took ill. *Sick* The sad thing is that last time she planned on coming over in June she was poorly and had to postpone. She's been to the docs, had tests, taken prescribed medication and been a lot better since. Until yesterday. *Frown* Seems she may have gallstones and has to go for an ultrasound scan. So, yet another visit cancelled, leaving me to entertain mother for yet another weekend. Sis is supposed to be going to Menorca next Saturday too, so it's worrying and very bad timing.

I didn't feel like shopping for party bags after that. Felt more like a party pooper so came home.

So today I've got a BIG stroppy sulk on and feel like throwing things at Murphy or Sod, whichever one is responsible. Could one of you win the Lottery please so I can either visit Forever's restaurant on the Cape, spend a year on Dan's Greek island, enjoy a weekend at Nada's place or throw a party for sailor Tor. Preferably all of them. Gonna resume sulking now. *Cry*

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360188-Sod-or-Murphy