*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360956-Mixing-Fun-With-Tennis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#360956 added July 20, 2005 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
Mixing Fun With Tennis
Yesterday, after hitting, I had a nice painful knot in my right elbow. It was my own damn fault too. Well, let me back up. Tracia and I headed out to court seven. Jeffery and Henry were finishing up their epic hitting session – not quite sure how they lasted in yesterday’s cat 4 heat wave. I wanna say they went out around 1ish and Tracia and I walked out a little after five. The two of them looked wiped. Limp dogs. They thought it would be fun to critique our game. Oh great. An audience. Wasn’t quit expecting to perform, but maybe this would be good. Making me attack every ball. Sometimes, though, the opposite effect is produced. But we won’t go there.

Well, we hit a few, and the guys asked if we want to play doubles. “Yeah.” I say, wanting some mixed doubles practice. But Tracia and Jeffery are so new to the game, I know they don’t even know how to move at doubles. This will be good.

Jeff wants Tracia on his team. Okay, the two weaker players against the two stronger ones – not that I’m all that strong, just have a firmer grasp on how to move and, according to Coach Gober, that’s the key in doubles. If they want it that way…

But, as it turns out, we didn’t play points. No one even served. We just hit the ball back and forth over the net. We had a blast though. And, in an effort not to miss a shot, I sometimes reverted back to my old forehand. You know, the one handed thing I’m NOT supposed to do.

I just couldn’t help it. I didn’t want to let the shot go. I was in pain for hours afterwards. I’m much better now thank you. Not quite as before, but I’m sure I’ll recover.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360956-Mixing-Fun-With-Tennis