*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361178-I-got-points-for-Ella-not-the-other-way-around
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#361178 added July 21, 2005 at 2:00pm
Restrictions: None
I got points for Ella, not the other way around....
It's a weird concept for me to actually talk to someone about some of my thoughts/ideals etc. about life and stuff and actually have them not to tell me to explain. Or not to have them seem to think I'm crazy or wrong. But to actually hear them listen, suggest something, give me something to ponder perhaps, or to have them really listen because they too have thought the same thing. It's such an odd thing in my life.

I got points last night for hearing Ella Fitzgerald playing, knowing the title of the song although it did take me a moment, and then knowing who wrote the music and the lyrics. She was playing an Ella Fitzgerald song... she likes Etta James, Cole Porter, Benny Goodman, Louis Armstrong... she really likes them! *shakes head*

My dad confuses me, what's new about that. But it seems that he and I share an even closer set of religious thoughts. However, I'm still lost as to why he can think like that and not be okay with certain other elements of life. And yes, I'm talking about homosexuality. He shouldn't have a religious problem with it, if he really believes what he says.

We watched "What the %&#!@ do we know?" last night. It was rather interesting. Quantum Physics and such. I think quantum physics is awesome to look at and wish I could have a better grasp on it than I do. And you know, after so many years of really not liking math, I'm coming to respect things like statistics and physics so much more than I ever would have before. Our world is so intricately made up of math and we never really see how it works. But once you see someone use math to solve something that involves humans that you had no clue involved math.... my my my. Supposedly every action we will ever take on this planet can be shown in the form of an equation. How beautiful is that? Anyways, lol, continuing. The movie presents a lot of different ideas on things such as religion, the benefits of positive thinking, how our bodies can begin to adapt to our emotions, how we see reality, and things of the like.

I now want to re-read God's Debris for the 3rd time. In addition, I'd like to re-watch I *Heart* Huckabees. And if anyone tells you that movie is mostly a comedy, I disagree with that. It's about life/philosophy and such. But yes, it does have a few funny parts.

I need to give Manda God's Debris to read. She's got 2 of my books right now. "Why So Many Gods?" and "Their Eyes Were Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston. She's devoured Why So Many Gods.... I'm really glad she's enjoyed it so. There's a book of hers that she loves... "American Gods" and she has the paperback edition of it.... it's wearing out. She said she'd really like to have a hardback edition of it.... so, guess what I think I'm going to do? Yeah. And if I can find it, not mention it, just put it in a box and wrap it. Haha, I think I may have found it.... just wanna double check the author.

Oh my god, the nice version of me is back. Where I'm thoughtful and pay attention and actually bother going out of my way to do things for who I like.

Tyler and I talked last night about things. Mostly involving our classes and such. But, he and I talked for a good long while. Actually, I talked to both of them for a good long while. With Tyler, the conversation is more about sharing opinions, constant talking. With Manda, it's more about talking at times and then just listening. With Tyler, I'm tired of talking after I finish normally. However, lol, he did say many of his bitchy comments which are the reasons why I love him so. And I was relieved about something. The other day, Jake had pestered him about him telling Jake which things had pissed me off. Tyler told him there were several incidents over the years, but that it wasn't his place to tell him which ones they were. I'm glad he told him that. Gave me a bit more trust in Tyler.

Yay, I ordered The Ayn Rand Reader. I've wanted to order it all summer.

And in saying that, I think I'm gonna go fix some lunch.

© Copyright 2005 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361178-I-got-points-for-Ella-not-the-other-way-around