*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361615-Franklyn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#361615 added April 22, 2014 at 7:03am
Restrictions: None
Franklyn
I did have a planned entry for today but after reading some mail and other journals I've put it on hold.

Besides, I'm a bit too tired to do the necessary research. Tor kept me up too late last night. Go on, I see ya all gasping and fish-mouthing. lol A great big thank you to him for spending so much time with my 'darker' stories and for his uplifting, encouraging and humourous reviews. I very much appreciate it.

This morning I read a couple of Newsletters. Did Dan know one of his Spam stories is highlighted in the Drama Newsletter? TWO Editor's picks in a week! Shall we line up for his autograph now? There was quite a lot of information about the forthcoming convention. I've always envied those who live close enough to and can afford to attend the event. Sigh...Maybe one day we'll hold a BLOG or BANG convention of our own. lol

Then I turned to the Contests and Activities Newsletter. I got all excited when I saw someone is hosting a 'best blog' contest. Not for personal reasons, but to vote for others. What a job I'd have on my hands if I had to just select one to promote. I started to read the rules in the hope it would say more than one 'blog' could be put forward. My spirits sank when I saw that only journals rated up to 13+ could be entered. My own is 18+ for several reasons. Content, a bit of cursing and I've found from experience that erring on the side of caution is best. I've had ratings altered due to the mention of 'pussy' or 'boobs' so I know it's best to be careful when rating pieces. Of course, then I had to check out all my friends' 'blogs' and I see most are also 18+. The reason the host of this contest gave for not accepting anything above 13+ was that he/she did not want to read the word 'f******' in anything he/she read. What a sad deluded person! To assume that anything above 13+ is just full of foul language is so misguided and narrow-minded. And much as I'm not a fan of bad language, occasionally it's needed to emphasise a character's traits or a certain situation. So, that's a contest I won't be looking at again.

Someone commented in Forever's journal after seeing photos of her Chewy (love that name) that everyone seems to have a black dog. The one I posted was my 'stepdog' Ted. Sadly, my best furry friend Franklyn, departed to the great kennel in the sky almost two years ago. I still miss him so much but felt I wanted to devote an entry to him. It's creased me to downsize and post these photos but I'm pleased he'll be in here for posterity. As you'll see, he wasn't black but the most wonderful mongrel anyone could wish for. The photos should link to a couple of written pieces devoted to him. Bless you, my darling Franklyn D. Cooper. I wish I could believe there's a place where doggy souls reside in peace.







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361615-Franklyn