*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361446-Ask-and-ye-shall-receive
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#361446 added January 22, 2013 at 6:56pm
Restrictions: None
Ask and ye shall receive
With nothing to report or any wise words to impart I thought I'd just pop in, say 'Good Morning,' and leave it at that. That would be a way of turning the calendar blue and making up for the rather overlong entries of the last few days.

BUT as my gaze wandered around my workstation they came to rest on a rather fat book I have tucked amongst dictionaries and reference books. It's called 'The Book of Answers.' It's not to be read, but is there for fun if I need a quick piece of advice over a decision or problem. The idea is you ask a question then open the book at a random page for the answer. There is little on each page except short remarks like 'Take a chance,' 'You'll regret it,' or simply 'Yes' and 'No.

So, with nothing better to do I searched for some serious and important questions I feel need answers...

1. Will Nada change the colour of her walls?

2. Will Tor ever pay CC a compliment?

3. Will Dan ever gain control of his grandchildren?

4. Will Forever discover the truth about frog's testicles?

5. Will CC ever learn to spell?

I apologise to my other friends but you know I can't handle more than five things at once.

Then I turned to the book and opened it at five random pages. Here are the answers I received in no particular order.

1. It'll cost.

2. Don't be ridiculous.

3. Never.

4. The answer may come in another language.

5. It's not worth the effort.

I leave you to match the best answer to each question. A gift point may be awarded to the most original combinations.


© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361446-Ask-and-ye-shall-receive