*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362433-Lunch-Breather
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#362433 added July 28, 2005 at 1:10pm
Restrictions: None
Lunch Breather
A quick breather. I’ve been very diligent about my walking despite the heat. (double YAY for me.) I have a few minutes before its back to the craziness. Tying up all those last minute details. And the worst part- the lawn service people have not mowed the two feet grass inside my gates surrounding the courts. (so I’m exaggerating, but, my point; it looks awful). Loading up on drinks, snacks and making sure we have all our cleaning supplies order. You know, boring stuff but my adrenaline is pumping.

My lesson last night was great. Tracia and I were at the net. I took the backhand volley drills and she had the forehand side. I was dead on. However, we ended w/ just forehand volley drills and since I spent my time on the BH, I was way off. I sucked really. Barely returning anything. All we had to do was hit 10 in a row too! Then, just before it was time to leave, determined to end on a good note, I did it; punched 10 over with pretty good form too. YAY!

Then, off to JDS. Laney’s team was awesome. They should do well. Everyone looked good. Plus, I saw lots of people – Blair, Randy, Bill, Susan. Carol was there, but I missed her. Got invited out but declined. Randy said call him anytime and he will hit with Laney.

Today, I got an email from Nate’s Dad, he and his wife are gonna be here tomorrow morning. At least I will see people I know and love. Maybe working this weekend won’t be bad after all.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362433-Lunch-Breather