*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362755-Off-to-bed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#362755 added August 11, 2005 at 9:57am
Restrictions: None
Off to bed
I am wiped. too wiped to even check my spelling. so, please forgive me if i'm off tonight.

laney won both her matches. 8 game pro sets. the was down in her second like 6 - 1 and came back to win 8 - 6. i missed the first cuz i was at work. everyone said she was ON.

back to work at 7AM in the morning. its nuts. i'll have to write about it though. lots of fun, lots of work, so i'm tired.

*Smile*

Wrote this Tues Aug 2 but am putting it in here since it happened on this day.

Let’s see. Friday, I missed the first team match while working at Tattnall. This tournament – USA Team Tennis State Championships is always crowded. Lots of teams and lots of spectators. Sharon and Danny were here since Nate was playing on Mike’s team. It was SF to see them. Nate and Laney go to the same school. We were joking and stuff. Nate’s team had two team matches scheduled here and I saw them most of the day.

Carl wanted me to sell sno cones which would have been fine but the PowerAde machine wouldn’t take anyone’s money so I had to stop what I was doing every few minutes to open use my key to open up the door and get them their drinks. Plus, Carl’s summer camp people borrowed my personal cooler without permission. I had to put the ice in some huge tuber ware type container – which had a crack. Ice melted, water dripped, and I was wearing flip flops, groping to keep my balance. Not a pretty sight. One guys said I looked like a tennis player but I was moving like a grandma. Hahah.

All the second round matches for Friday were delayed because of rain. Danny and Sharon were kind enough to give me a ride to Mercer. I didn’t feel like walking in the rain, thunder and lightening. I know they say you should try everything once, but somehow, getting struck by lightening isn’t something I want on my To Do Before I Die List.

I guess it was after five when the teams hit the courts. Laney wasn’t on her game, she was down like 5-2 or 6-1 I can’t remember. But she came back to win 8 - 6. Even still, her game was off.

I got home around 9:30. Tired, and having to stay up late doing laundry for her tennis outfit she wanted to wear for the next day. Will she ever appreciate my efforts?


Laney just before a singles pro-8 match @ 05 USA Team State Championships

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/362755-Off-to-bed