*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363111-State-Champs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#363111 added August 2, 2005 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
State Champs
So now i really am too wiped to write. but laney played four pro8's today. won three of them. 3 singles and one mixed w/ paul. i hope to write about it later.

YAY laney and the team. we won first place and advance to jacksonville!

A quick overview of saturday's events updated on aug 2



Saturday; work at Tattnall for the morning shift. God I hate seven AM clock ins. I’m not at my best. With my brain still at home in bed and all. But here I was, drinking extra coffee and madly cleaning the facility before I let the masses in.

I kept in touch with Adam through cell phones. We won and Laney played well I heard. I was excited about getting back over there to JDS to see the 2:00. Felicia called at 12:30 to say she would be a little late. Well, it was 60 minutes late. I squirreled a ride from George over to JDS. Of course, once I step out of the car, the bottom falls out. Another rain delay.

Meet back at 3:00 and then, same thing, over again. Finally a little after five, they say meet back at 9:00. Yep, that’s PM. If the courts are dry, matches will be played. We meet at Applebees for dinner. I called Autumn to join us – always up for a free meal, she said yes. Poor Adam locked his keys in the car. He called Tripple A to come help him out. In the meantime, he chatted it up w/ the hostess. It was cute to watch.

Still raining at 9:00, we were told to report back at 8:00AM the following morning, which meant three team matches if we made that last playoff match. Our goal. A must if we wanted Jacksonville. Since we had already had an 8:00AM scheduled, we would be fine, having already made arrangements to be at JDS so early.

The worst part, I had to open up Tattnall Sunday morning so they could make up their matches. 18u 3.0 was playing for sectionals or GA/FA challenger. I knew both teams and it promised to be some really great tennis.

Anyway, I guess it was s10:00PM or late when I finally got home. Sheesh…I was wiped.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363111-State-Champs