*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363616-The-B-Word
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#363616 added August 3, 2005 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
The B Word
Twinkledee mentioned she wanted to write an article on 'blogging.' I've been thinking for a while that the 'blogging' experience has the potential to become something to write about in other areas; articles, poems and stories. As the word becomes more well-known, you can bet your bottom dollar that, love it or hate it, the word 'blog' will find it's way into the dictionary in the near future. Here are some examples of modern words that were included in 2004.

1. Potscaping The artistic arrangement of flowers and shrubs planted in pots and other containers.

2. Cyberslacking Using a company's internet connection during working hours for activities that are not work-related.

3. Protire To leave your present job to pursue work or hobbies you are more interested in.

4. Flexitarian A person who consumes mainly vegetarian food but occasionally eats meat or fish.

5. Retrosexual A heterosexual male who spends as little money as possible on his appearance and lifestyle because he has very little interest in how he looks and what he wears.

So, who's going to own up to being a flexitarian retrosexual, who is a potscaper on the side and due to spending too much time cyberslacking should really take protirement? Come on, hands up.

There are loads more; maybe I should hold a contest to see who could include the whole list in a story. lol

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363616-The-B-Word