*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365490-Jon-Bon-Jovi-and-Dinner-Cruise
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #554904
Just Jul Lee is just me. I write my thoughts and observations.
#365490 added August 11, 2005 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
Jon Bon Jovi and Dinner Cruise
Jon Bon Jovi and Dinner Cruise
DATE: July 28, 2005


Now, you honestly didn’t believe you would be spared hearing about Jon just because I was in New York City, did you? Naïve…

Okay, so we went to Madam Tassaud’s wax museum and I was shocked at the cost of admission. We even had a coupon! It cost us twenty-two dollars or so a person.

Once we got past the paparazzi, ahem, I saw Van Helsing waiting at the top of the stairs. Obviously, I had to have my picture taken with him. Then, it was off to the floor where all the stars were mingling.

I took pictures with Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldburg, Hugh Grant, Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt (when he had the long, shaggy hair), Nicolas Cage and John Travolta. Mom took pictures with Patrick Stewart, Julia Roberts, Whoopi and Robin, and I believe that’s it. PJ took a picture with J. Lo and Woody Allen. He deleted his J. Lo photo but I took one with my camera. Hee hee.

Harrison Ford was on vacation…

We proceeded on and PJ took a picture with Usher (ugh!) while Mom and I took pictures with Jennifer Aniston (even in the wax museum, she and Brad weren’t together). As we turned the corner, we discovered The Rock. Had to get a shot or two with him, don’t you know? PJ and I did (I was lifting my eyebrow to the best of my ability) but my mom didn’t.

We entered the classics area and I took a picture with the original Dracula. I stood between his arms and acted like I was screaming. We meandered through there, taking random pictures (sorry if I can’t remember them all) before we got to the Hall of Presidents, for lack of a better word.

I took a picture with George Bush (current president), Martin Luther King Jr., Billy Graham and I think that’s it. Then we found the music section.

I wasn’t totally impressed. I took pictures with the Beatles, Madonna and Janis Joplin. Somewhere in the cruise of museums, I took a picture with the Osbornes too. Then, from across the room I saw him. Handsome as all get out, giving me the come hither stare, my handsome wonderful Jon Bon Jovi.

Well, needless to say, I squealed and ran over there and squeezed the life out of him (if he had any life, that is, being made of wax and all) and even kissed him. Can you believe I kissed a wax figure? What’s the matter with me? Ahem…

Anyway…security pries me off him…just kidding. We leave Jon behind and reach the souvenir shop. Then, after a quick browse, we leave to go get ready for our dinner cruise.

Allow me to say that I wasn’t sure on the spelling of the celebrities listed above so if I misspelled any name, including the museum name itself, please do not hesitate to let me know so that I can fix said errors. Thanks!

Mom was wearing the gown I wore for the Masquerade Ball at the convention and so I was having a slight attitude about dressing up myself. I didn’t really want to dress up, I didn’t really want to do anything (that’s the way I get, folks) but finally I managed to garb myself and we got a taxi to take us down to the harbor.

We boarded the boat at 6pm but we didn’t leave port until a little after 7pm. We munched on bread, drank tea and chose our dishes. Be warned that the only thing included in your ticket price is the food. Drink water! Anyway, we cruise along and eat and talk and soon we are nearing the Statue of Liberty.

Mom, PJ and I go up on deck to see the Statue although PJ soon flees to the dining area to get dessert. They ship pauses by the Statue for us to take pictures and then Mom and I return to the dining area where, big surprise, dessert was about to be served.

We took a picture outside the ship before boarding and so when we return to the harbor at 10pm or so, we look to see if we want to purchase the photo or not. We decide to purchase it, then it’s off to the hotel.

PJ and I have the strangest conversation while leaving the ship. I tell him that I’m going to start lying about boyfriends.

“’My eighth boyfriend told me that’ I’ll say.”

“You can’t give them numbers because then people will know you’re lying,” PJ states calmly. “You have to name them and you can’t call them names like Tom and Frank, they need exotic names.”

“Like Fredrico,”

Then we start talking about a certain person that I had a crush on for quite a long time and PJ and I start saying that we’ll lie and say that I dated this crush and that when I broke it off with him, he was so heartbroken that he won’t admit to dating me.

Like I said, it was an interesting conversation.

Soon, we were back in our room where we watched TV until I dozed off.

© Copyright 2005 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365490-Jon-Bon-Jovi-and-Dinner-Cruise