*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366463-Camelot-or-Bust
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#366463 added August 16, 2005 at 8:52am
Restrictions: None
Camelot or Bust
Well, my big ol' Arthurian depository of knowledge is a big bust! The folder has gotten 9 views in a month. While I can be happy that 1 visitor thought I did a marvelous job of research and gave me a 5 star rating, I'm not sure whether I want to continue trying to push my forum. No one seems interested in that. Ahh, I'm being hard on myself, maybe once school starts up again for many and there's a college English major desperate for conversation about the code of Chivalry and courtly love, sonnets and mythology (or any paper that is sure to be the need behind getting one's hands on the information), then things will brighten.

Personally, I got to enrich my own inner depository by splurging on seven dollar nosebleed seats to the Hollywood Bowl's presentation of Camelot this past Sunday. My enjoyment was heightened by discovering just how rarely the Philharmonic tackles a musical production at the Bowl. A theatrical production is done one day only out of the year and only since the year 2000. Oh, to be the costume designer for a show that's only being performed once!

The growl of a voice that is Jeremy Irons' made the depiction of Arthur so true to The Once and Future King retelling. I was impressed to have made a serendipitous connection for the friend I invited along. He'd never seen Camelot (and I think wondered why he'd agreed to see it). But as the performers were announced, he recognized the actress in Guenivere's role from his own Yale graduating class. Ah, see there is a reason things happen as they do.

SPARKLE
Follow Walkinbird

When the final light is extinguished –
Recognize the next available Source in the darkness ** Image ID #897589 Unavailable **

SigArtist MySoftHeart ** Image ID #924786 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2005 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366463-Camelot-or-Bust