*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366683-time-for-bells
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#366683 added August 16, 2005 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
time for bells
The big event on my calender today: visit endocrinologist's office to have blood drawn for labwork. That was the highlight. I'd dadgum forgotten they don't want you to eat before taking a blood sample and scheduled the appointment for 2:00p.m. Oh well, one food-deprived morning should teach me not to do that again. I made it to the appointment without having eaten, but rushed right home and pigged out.

The surgeon's office called me as the lab technician was showing me to the restroom and handing me a plastic cup. They had to reschedule my Friday appointment, so I'll be driving into Atlanta during the morning rush hour to get there by 9:00a.m. Have to leave the house at 7:00. Also supposed to be back for an English department luncheon which I don't want to miss at 11:30. Well, they had to reschedule the appointment because the surgeon wants to get out of his office early on Friday. Hope that means he'll be on his toes efficient and short waiting-room waits.

Yesterday Constance took me back to the coffee shop on the square and treated me to a cup of coffee and another one of those chocolate pyramids. She had a slice of something called "frutti di bosco" (don't know if I remember how to spell that). Then she stopped into the "hippie food" place where she worked up until a couple of weeks ago, to say hi to all her former co-workers. That was nice, but I still want to make it up there very early in the morning once or twice before school starts. Before the square gets at all crowded. I could sit at one of those tables outside with my coffee and my paper-n-ink journal. And tomorrow is Wednesday. If I'm there around noon, I'll get to hear the bells play for an hour...I think. At least that happened one Wednesday when I was there.

Well, there's something to look forward to tomorrow.

Now my mind's running through all the things I need to do before classes start. OK, OK, there's still a little time. I have time for bells.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **




J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366683-time-for-bells