*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368313
Rated: ASR · Book · Action/Adventure · #982893
An ancient prophesy comes to life...
#368313 added August 23, 2005 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Three
CHAPTER THREE: SCROLLS OF PROPHECY


         And so with the passing of the great beast, they trudged on, determined to find what Mr. Maji told them of. This seemingly endless march continued on until about two hours later.
The had happened upon a strange old house, one that looked a couple centuries old, although it was still in rather good condition, except for the broken door and lack of shutters on the windows.
         Gregory smiled and nodded in approval at the building. "Well, this is probably it!"
         Robert raised an eyebrow and looked about. The place didn't look very special, nor did he feel like this hut needed to be kept a secret. The lad looked inside the hut, but only finding a bunch of old scrolls, looking ragged and barely legible. He called his friends in and they looked in wonder at the scrolls. Jennifer spoke. "Well... are you going to read them?"
         Robert scratched his head. "Apparently not. I can't read it. I understand the letters... its just... so difficult to read... as if they were made so I can't read them."
         Gregory rolled his eyes. "Don't be silly! Give me that!" He snatched the paper out of Roberts hands, nearly ripping the delicate parchment in the process. He scanned his eyes over the page, then looked at it oddly. "Wa...? But... Why... Huh?" Gregory scratched his head. It was apparent that Robert was right, however it seemed that it wasn't only Robert who wasn't allowed to read it, but Gregory as well. Gregory gave the paper to Jennifer, who was giggling at their ill-fated efforts. "Ok, then you try."
         Jennifer took the scrool and looked at the first word. She then looked at Robert and Gregory in disbelief.
         "See? It's not so easy, is it?" Gregory said, mocking his sister.
         "No.. it's just that I can't believe you couldn't read the word 'And'!" She couldn't help but laugh at them, and if you didn't know the paper was protected by a special seal to keep unwanted eyes off of it, I believe you would laugh just the same, as would I. After her fit, Jennifer began her reading.

         "And so the prophet Herimas came forth from his home, a rare and fortunate sight for all who had the chance to see. He spoke of a dream, a vision, a calling for a descendant of this village. This village, the home of the Great King Teleren, would save the world. This village would be renowned for many decades and ages. This village would be famous, but not in a fashion that most start out in.
         This village would be destroyed, not a single stone left standing, except for the temple and the ancient scrolls inside, written through Herimas by God himself. All would be cloaked in darkness. All would be slain. All would be slaughtered.

         ...All would be lost.

         However, one family will escape the turmoil. One family will continue their descent in a village not far away. Their line will live on: one side of great good, untainted and pure in heart. The other, evil, seeking to destroy, seeking to stop this prophesy from coming true."


         Jennifer looked up. "That's all that's legible."
         Robert nodded. "Interesting... but why couldn't Gregory and I read it?"
         Jennifer shrugged and looked back over the scroll. "Perhaps you were right, Robert, though, if so, I'm not sure why I would be able to read it. It's rather puzzling to me..."
         "It shouldn't be," came a voice from outside the door. Quickly, the children urned around, looking at their guest.
         It was Mr. Maji, nodding at them with a smile. "You are the one the scribe spoke of. You are the one to save us all."
         "...Save us? How can save us if nothing's wrong?" Jennifer asked, confused and shocked at the revealation.
         "The evil forces are everywhere. Our village has been vieled from its malicious darkness so that they could not taint you, but it's now that you must be exposed to the enemy. You are to defeat the evil and save us all from its wicked ways." Mr. Maji, still smiling looked at Robert. "At first I was a little disappointed that they would bring you along, but seeing how you saved Jennifer's life like that.... I think you'll do as a fine personal bodyguard for the girl. You've proved your courage and loyalty to me already."
         "...How do you know all this, huh?" Gregory asked.
         "Oh, forgive me. I don't believe we've been introduced outside of my school title. I am Herimas Maji, a great prophet of old. I know this because I was the one that prophecized it."
         "Well if you're centuries old, how come you don't look over thirty, eh?"
         "I was gifted with the appearance of that age." Herimas stated.
         "So... what do we do?" Robert asked, unsure of their journey.
         "You leave the village and search for the source of the evil which tries to consume us. Now hurry! Be off, now!" Herimas began pushing the children out of the door, hoping they would set off soon.
         "What's the rush? Can't we at least tell everyobdy what's going on and say goodbye and stuff?" Gregory asked.
         "The longer you wait, the more evil you will have to confront. Go now! I'm beginning to lose my patience!" Herimas finally got them out of the hut and leaned on the trim of the door. THe children looked at each other akwardly, then looked at their former teacher. "Erm... Where do we go first?" they all seemed to ask at the same time.
         Herimas sighed and walked over. He looked through some trees an pointed in thedirection of a small path. "Simply follow that path until you get to the nearest city. From there the journey will be up to you. Now go before it's too late." He walked back into the hut. "And if you need anything at all on your journey, you can find me here."
         Gregory scratched the back of his head nervously. "Well... should we go?"
         "I'll miss Ma and Pa... but I think it'd be best if we went," Jennifer stated.
         Robert nodded. "Ok then... let's go..."
© Copyright 2005 The Southern Polaris (UN: levitimes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Southern Polaris has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368313