*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368418-Early-Worm-Writes-the-Words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#368418 added August 24, 2005 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
Early Worm Writes the Words
Four AM. Why am I awake? I have a love/hate thing with being conscious during the pre-dawn hours. Without stating the obvious ‘would rather be sleeping’ comment, eyes open and thoughts stirring at such an ungodly hour means I’ll undoubtedly be sleepy tonight – long before I’m ready to hit the sack too. Crankiness will tag along – an unattractive feature. Verbal disagreements due to lack of patience brought about by the crankiness thing are more common. Ugh, grrr, blah!

However, the beauty of four AM is quietness. Uninterrupted thoughts. The creative me loves the fact that the household is asleep, the TV is NOT on, and even the notebook still sits in the living room, on the ottoman, logged off and quiet. I do my best writing here, laying between the sheets of my king sized bed, nestled underneath a comforter and blanket. Stories are born, paragraphs constructed, poems are polished during the gentle transition between night and day.

If I could only find this spot more often

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368418-Early-Worm-Writes-the-Words