*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368631-Wish-I-was-there
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#368631 added August 25, 2005 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Wish I was there
Another 4:00AM creative wave. The sleepy me hates this. “Go back to sleep.” She orders, with grogginess thick in her tone. But the creative me ignored her.

The suck thing is…I didn’t take full advantage of this imaginative burst. I really did try to get back to sleep. Knowing I have a big day ahead of me. A long day. Sleep was fitful. On and off at best, hampering the artistic juices, so nothing was really accomplished.

NYC. That’s one of the things I thought about. The U.S, Open. And how I wanna go. Unfortunately, I am forced to live this fantasy out vicariously through lots of my friends who have tickets, and are going. On of my best friends has front row tickets to Arthur Ashe. I think it’s not this w/e but next. My boss leaves tomorrow. He goes every year to the teaching pro conference. Lucky bastard.

Manhattan. That’s where I’d stay. Hop on the L and go straight to Flushing Meadows. Shea on the left – the courts on the right. damn I wanna go.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368631-Wish-I-was-there