*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368986-Missed-a-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#368986 added August 27, 2005 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
Missed a day
Damn! I skipped a day. With internet trouble at home and at work, it was bound to happen. So, Wednesday, on our way to pick up Laney, Autumn took Riverside Drive. A wreck or something on the interstate. “I’ll never make it to work in time.” She told me as she turned left onto College Street.

Boy was she ever right. The interstate was stopped. Dead. I mean people were out of their cars, walking around, chatting with one another. I saw a group of people sitting on the guard rail. “Oh my god!” Autumn exclaimed, “That guy is reading a book! On the interstate.”

“It looks like a street party.” I commented. “The only thing we are missing is music.”

The following day, Tracia picked me up from Tattnall. We were headed to drop in on the Skills and Drills class – to pick up players for our 2.5 team. Tracia agreed. It was a party. A party she was glad she missed.

So, anyway, the class was fun. Robbie drilled us and we played a mini round robin to get the feel of doubles points. Lots of these players are fresh out of the USA 1-2-3 class. I walked away meeting lots of new people and now have a team of eight payers – including myself. Wanda is on! Should be fun and I’ll keep you posted

Also, I may have found a mixed team to play against. Gotta email Danny and let him know. That will make three nights of tennis. Official match night, team lessons night and then, a mixed match just for fun night. That’s the plan. Execution is a whole ‘nother’ story.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368986-Missed-a-day