*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/369527-Checking-out-Self-Publishing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing.Com · #999061
My submissions for publication, and my thoughts and work toward self-publishing.
#369527 added August 29, 2005 at 9:17pm
Restrictions: None
Checking out Self Publishing


Although the traditional road of query letters and rejection letters may be the best path to go toward legitimately literary publication, I find myself increasingly drawn to self opublication,. It's something I can make happen.

I have tthe book in my head. It's called "Colouring Outside the Lines," and most of the poems for it are completed. I already have the pictures for the cover and author's picture for the back book flap. I'm thinking hard cover, though it's just a personal preference. The organization of the thing in my head is proving to be a problem. I presently have three broken printers, and I feel like I deal with the printed word better on paper. Priority is to get a printer sent in for repair. Hopefully tomorrow I will finally follow up on that. I just hat dealing with the routine and conversations most likely involved before I get a working product back. But I know I need to see what I've got in print to see where I want to go.

I felled out info cards recently for iuniverse, and surge poublications. There are also the companies Trafford, Outskirts, and Vantage that I've received reading info from. I'll spend some time reading their lit tonight, and keep reading everything I can get my ahnds on free. Looks like self publication, even with POD (which I decided to insist on) is going to cost about $1,000. It can be arranged with a grant, but I feel like that step comes a bit later.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/369527-Checking-out-Self-Publishing