*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/371969-Cyprus-Memories
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#371969 added April 23, 2014 at 6:39am
Restrictions: None
Cyprus Memories
It's painful to download photographs of glorious sunshine in Cyprus when it's pimply sissing down in England this morning.

My sister and I are taking our mother across Nottingham to visit our 93 year old Aunty and our dear cousin Sue. Wish us luck, we'll need it. Usually when we visit we sit outside in their delightful terrace garden supping Pimms and eating nibbles but not today I fear. I sense sis and I may need plenty of wine and laughs later this evening.

Anyway, the first couple of days in Cyprus we were very lazy as it was extremely hot and an effort to venture far. We stayed in a hotel near the town of Limassol. Not the prettiest of places and far too intent on being 'English' for my liking. The seafront stretched for 23 km and was mostly full of tacky giftshops, fast food restaurants and building sites for more holiday hotels and apartments.

There were some redeeming features however. There were some lovely bars and restaurants run by very attractive and friendly Cypriots, overlooking the sea.

Due to the absence of 'Divine' it was 'Dearly Beloved' who accompanied me to Cyprus. His first holiday and you must agree he looks very relaxed lounging in the sun by the pool.

More in due course! Now, where's my umbrella?







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/371969-Cyprus-Memories