*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372388-Just-Another-Manic-Monday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#372388 added April 23, 2014 at 6:45am
Restrictions: None
Just Another Manic Monday
Despite a holiday in the sun and a lovely weekend with my sister I'm feeling off colour and think I may have a cold as my throat is sore and I keep sneezing. Atchoo. *Cry* Not much I can do about it though apart from buy in plenty of tissues and drink hot lemon juice. (With a little rum for medicinal purposes. *Wink*) Doesn't go down well when England has turned remarkably sunny again.

All I've managed today is some laundry, a bit of dusting and the Monday trip to the supermarket. Hard to believe this time last week we visited the Capital city of the Greek side of Cyprus. Nicosia is a thriving, fascinating city with many historical artefacts and contains the border, known as the green line which seperates Greek and Turkish Cyprus. It isn't possible to cross the border without a passport and soldiers guard the area and gates. There is however, a viewing tower allowing visitors to see into the Turkish part.

Anyway, yet another batch of photos, featuring part of the historic wall around the old part of Nicosia built for protection by the Venetians, the view of Greek Nicosia from the viewing tower and Turkish Cyprus as seen from the viewing tower.

Sadly Nada, the Shirley Valentine hat was ruined forever when hubby put it in the washing machine. *Pthb* This Cyprus replacement was nowhere near as comfortable, symmetrical or floppy. I may have to take many more foreign holidays in search of the perfect hat. *Wink*







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/372388-Just-Another-Manic-Monday