*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/373024-Mind-Travels
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#373024 added September 15, 2005 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
Mind Travels
I could grump today with a capital G.

I could grump about how, just as I promise myself I'll take more exercise and achieve more with my time, some mysterious bug arrives and makes even functioning at a basic level difficult. But I won't.

I could grump about not having my free couple of hours last night again while the men went to play snooker. Son's knee is still playing up and I can't remember the last time they went. But I won't.

I could grump about spending money I haven't got on cards, presents and paper for the birthdays of my mother-in-law and stepdaughter this week. I could grump about spending half the morning wrapping up gifts for them and never receiving a word of thanks from hubby. But I won't.

I could grump about the fact that it's pimply sissing down again, depriving me of my one day to myself and making me want to scream for a bit of space yet again. Son's off work with the knee problem and hubby's had to cancel golf. I could grump about not being able to play my music or watch one of my videos because there are men cluttering up the house. But I won't.

I could grump about the fact that after twenty-five years hubby still can't understand why, when he walks downstairs where I'm standing in a raincoat and putting on my boots and asks 'Are you going out?' he'll receive a sarcastic reply. Now he's sulking. But I won't.

You know Scarlett, never one to grump or complain. *Wink*

Instead, it being such a lousy, grey miserable day I allowed my mind to contemplate where I'd like to be instead. Before I knew it, I'd mentally travelled through a whole week. I wonder if it will ever be possible to travel at such speeds or distances? Not in my lifetime for sure. But here's my fantasy plan.

Today, feeling below par and hemmed in I'd just like to spend a day back in Cyprus. Lounge in the sun with a good book and a few Pina Coladas and keep having a dip in the pool.

Tomorrow, I'd nip over to Australia and spend the day with my friend Sarma. Of course, she'd be able to show me the whole of the continent in a day, enabling me to pop in and say hello to other friends there. Then we'd have a great girly night out on the town.

Saturday, I'd be in Canada. I'd visit my nephew in Calgary, then take a ride through The Rockies and have coffee and donuts with my friend Paul in Ontario. He'd take me to hear him sing live at his club in the evening.

Sunday, I'd spend with my friend Ricky in Mexico. He'd show me all the beautiful spots he's talked about and introduce me to his lovely family who I almost feel I know already. A Mexican banquet in the evening would round off the day nicely.

Monday I think sis and I would have a duck day out in Venice. Italian meals, a ride on a gondola and plenty of water about for the ducks to enjoy.

Tuesday, I'd take her on a Carribean cruise and enjoy the sand, sun and sea as well as sampling the on board activities and entertainment.

Wednesday we'd land in the U.S.A. and make our way to St Louis to see where I was born, then on to California to meet our relatives. Later we'd have a huge get together with all our friends from WDC who will have travelled from all over the world to meet up.

I'd miss a week of blogging but I'd sure have plenty of interest to report when I got back. Unlike today!


© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/373024-Mind-Travels