*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/373276-Down-And-Out
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#373276 added September 16, 2005 at 2:13pm
Restrictions: None
Down And Out
I knew when I typed a few days ago that whatever virus I have wasn't bothering me too much, that maybe I'd regret saying it. Sure enough, I'm eating my words today.

Felt decidedly off colour last night although I did enjoy a few Scrabble games with my online Mexican friend who also sent me some beautiful music by Menuhin and Grappelli. I love the fact I learn and share so much from friends online as well as just enjoying their company.

Woke several times in the night and finally admitted defeat this morning. I have a temperature and various symptoms that confirm I should have rested up earlier instead of trying to ignore and shake off the bug. Consequently, all I've done today is slip in and out of sleep and a little reading. I've done my best to get round my favourite bloggers but the strength to catch up with reading and reviewing isn't there. GAWD - I haven't even cleaned the bog and you KNOW that's a MUST for Fridays. Nope, it will have to wait. Even now, the urge to disappear under the covers again is closing in; why didn't I do it yesterday when it was raining all day?

Firstly, an apology though. When I planned my week of mind travel I did have you people foremost in my mind, but there were so many different locations to consider and I didn't want to impose on anyone, so that's why I thought the WDC party at the end of the week would be a good idea.

So, I'll now add the week after the party I'll be spending time in Texas, where Dan can show me around Fort Worth and other famous landmarks then take me over to Tor and Mels for that barbecue. I'll also need to visit Maryland of CCourse *Wink* and spend some time with Nada in Ojai. Then off to Melissohori to visit Forever who can also take me to that restaurant on Mount Olympus. Maybe we could pop over to Singapore too to see Jillian? I've heard it's a beautiful place despite what I've read in her blog about the mosquitoes. Now, if I've missed anyone I apologise again and please rest assured I'd love to visit you all and see the various and different places you reside, because I do WUB you all. *Heart*

But before I do all that I have to get myself back to some sort of semi-human state at least. I don't want to pass this nasty bug onto any of my dear WDC friends. Hope to be doing more here ASAP.

P.S. Can anyone give me a title of a famous book or film with the name of a planet in it? I need it for my writing assignment but the wickle brain can't come up with anything.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/373276-Down-And-Out