*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374649-Random-Thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#374649 added September 22, 2005 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
Random Thoughts
I apologise to David McClain for borrowing his title but all I have to offer tonight are a few random thoughts. I wish my life was so exciting I could have readers sitting on the edge of their seats or so glamorous that everyone would drool with envy, but it's not. I wish I was so intelligent I always had something mind blowing to say or so philosophical I left everyone with food for thought, but I'm not. I wish I could boast about my achievements in writing and my future plans or could do something with my days to make a difference to the things I care about, but I can't.

Nope, I'm just an ordinary person leading a pretty bland life and if that makes me boring and lacking in any way, then I'm sorry. But ultimately, it's my blog and I've paid for the privilege, so I have a right to be who I am and write what I want. I'm thrilled to have made so many friends and acquaintances along this journey of 202 entries and I'm happy with that. So, when my life is very flat and uneventful, as it is at the moment, I can only offer a few thoughts and I'm grateful for those understanding people who take the time to read and comment. So, what are my thoughts as this day comes to a close? I bet you can't wait. *Wink*

1. I'm worried. I'm worried about my sister who is not well and is feeling low; something quite out of character for her. I'm hoping she'll get her hospital appointment for an ultrasound scan soon; she's waited long enough. I'm worried about my mum who's also taken ill today and at a delicate 81, I wonder how she'll make a full and rapid recovery. I'm worried about my son, who is getting very disillusioned with his job. I want him to be happy but don't want him making a rash decision by resigning, then regretting it. On a larger scale I'm worried about the people facing the onslaught of Rita and I pray particularly for Tor and Mel and their family. I guess I'm a born worrier.

2. I'm disappointed Mainly with myself. I've set myself targets regarding my health and diet and I'm failing again. I'm struggling with writing; I have an assignment I can't get enthused about and wonder if the day will ever come when I write anything of any significance. I'm disappointed in my lack of reviewing and involvement on WDC lately too.

3. I'm Broke. I live on a very small pension and have recently lost the benefit that supplemented it. I don't ask for a lot and need very little but with three family birthdays this month I'm struggling. I'd never let money control my life but now and again it would be nice to just have a shopping spree and buy things other people just don't have to give a thought about. Still, there are a lot worse off.

4. I'm jealous. Not in a nasty way but just envious of people who can write novels of great quality, use all the great facilities this site has to offer and have the know how and enthusiasm to create images, signatures, links, interactives and all the other things I haven't a clue about. Have you noticed how zwisis changes the logo and picture on her blog each day? HOW does she do that? GAWD, I'm so boring.

5. I'm grateful Despite all my shortcomings, grumps and worries I'm thankful to have survived another day without a major crisis or trauma. I've achieved a few things but nowhere near as much as I'd like. I'm grateful for my bloggy friends and the comments they leave and the e-mails that are always a pleasure to receive. And I'm grateful for whatever force pulled all these lovely people together on this site.

And I'd better go now before I turn into a soppy old sausage and start blubbering. Sorry to be a boring old fart but you never know - tomorrow is another day as my heroine said so often.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374649-Random-Thoughts