*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374806-Shimmering
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#374806 added September 23, 2005 at 12:52pm
Restrictions: None
Shimmering
Yes, I was shimmering this morning when I opened my mailbox to find I had 14 e-mails during my night. Had I received a second set of Newsletters by mistake I wondered? But no, to my surprise and delight they were all the most wonderfully supportive, complimentary and warm comments from my many blogging friends, and some new ones too. I don't know what I did to deserve that but it sure started my day off with a smile. I felt I wanted to reply individually to you all but time gets eaten up as you know, so a HUGE thank you to you all; I couldn't ask to be amongst a group of finer people...sniffle. Those of you awaiting the force of Rita will be in my thoughts and I pray you will be safe.

I'm also shimmering (and still smirking if I'm honest) because of something I did last night. Those of you who know me well will already be aware I have a bit of a passion for cosmetics and all things smelly. (pleasant that is) There's a shop in Nottingham called 'LUSH' that sells only bath and beauty products, all made from natural ingredients and many are most unusual and irresistable to someone like me. CC's Wimmins would love it. *Wink* Every time I go there I can't resist picking up a few of their products, much to the disgust of my men who complain loudly about the petals in the soap and the sweet smelling aroma that lingers in the bathroom.

Well, the last time I went I bought a small blue bar to be added to running bath water. It was a beautiful shade and smelled divine. Last night I decided to use it; the water turned creamy pale blue and felt delighfully soft. What I didn't realise until I emptied the bath was the bar was full of small blue glittery bits. The bottom of the tub was covered in them, and so was I. Even after a shower this morning they're still there; very pretty for a party or a night out but not very appropriate for a bog-cleaning day when it's pimply sissing down again.

Needless to say, the towels, bedding and carpets were also covered in blue shiny bits. Everything I've touched is glistening and the men are walking around paranoid in case any get stuck to them. *Laugh* At least I've found the answer to stopping them using all the hot water - neither of them dare get in that bath today for fear of coming out shiny. Yep, next time I want to be avoided I know what to buy - the shop had a nice pink one too. *Wink*

I always said I needed a little more sparkle in my life.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374806-Shimmering